Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: 2008 Hilux

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar

2008 Hilux

Hi,
    2008 Hilux, not sr5, 4x4,, canopy, manual, aftermarket front bar [which looks substantial],tuff deck, 120km, exceptionally tidy
    medium size town south Island dealer ,

My 1994 surf, injectors done 9mths ago, aftermarket transcooler and turbo timer from the day after I bought it at 70km, power sunroof, clearcoat coming off on the roof it's the Red Grey colour, 167,500kms pretty sure that is good kms, one nz owner [bought it off the boat] locally fitted towbar ,professionally serviced every 5000 locally and can prove it, Aircon not working say 1yrish just haven't bothered regassing, small thin patch of fabric looks like coming apart on one of the backseat back rests maybe 2" round/square, never been cooked or 4 wheel drive stuff, just used to get where I've been going.
    6000 trade.

How does this stack up and is there anything I should be aware of on this model Hilux?
    I've checked t/m prices are either side for the kms /canopy etc, but a few talk about gearboxes being fixed and injector seals being done and this at 100-160km, is this an issue?
    Thanks for any advice, it is a lot of money for me if I do, take years to pay it off so it had better work.
    Alternatives?? 2010 Colorado?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

does it HAVE to be a Toyota, we brought a 2009 BT50 last year, 97000kms, 3 year full warrenty, canopy, "Townie" Bull Bars, Mags. Auto
    Was 3k less than the price you mentioned
    Not sure what it is like Off Road but missus likes it so much I ain't allowed it anywhere remotley like a dodgy track, tows the boat fantastically well though. In fact that's the only time I may use it . I only ask cause all the Toyotas we looked at around the same age had real big K's, and drove like dogs on the road.

And we brought from a NI dealer who was far more interested in getting our money than the Local Bowater Toyota people.
    We went in climbed all thru a Hilux they had. Sat in it, Opened bonnets etc. Not one salesman even bothered to say hello or acknowledge us.

The NI Dealer, delivered the tuck, traded our old one and did a real good deal. Recommend them highly. Palmfield Motors, Palmerston North
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

No it doesn't have to be, asked about other options, 2010 Colorado etc.
    I know what you mean about huge ks for the money, 20grand and most stuff has a quarter million ks or more on it.
    Thanks I'll check out the Bt's.

Just another thing to be aware off, seems to be the thing to do is put a switch under the dash to turn off the speedo, would piss off most people to pay good money for a vehicle to find it's done 1000's of more km's than what's on the clock. Also check out the Ford Ranger heard good reports about them.

Yeah cheers, had a look at the ranger, have a mate who has one, rides damn nice, but the newer ones are 10k out of my reach.

Quote Originally Posted by jakewire View Post
    No it doesn't have to be, asked about other options, 2010 Colorado etc.
    I know what you mean about huge ks for the money, 20grand and most stuff has a quarter million ks or more on it.
    Thanks I'll check out the Bt's.
    I like the Rangers too, compare this to what you are looking at
    Ford Ranger Double Cab 4X4 2010 | Trade Me
    BRADS likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Cheers mikee, it looks really tidy, good km as well.

I found an Auto 2010 hilux almost local, not an sr5 either by the look , 34K with 98kms, Auto though, what are the autos in the like at that year ?

I'd only own an auto now, better pulling from stop with a load on especially on hills. Most gearboxes first gears to high, and you don't want to be engaging 4 wd all the time!
    mikee likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Don't try and pull out into traffic.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    I'd only own an auto now, better pulling from stop with a load on especially on hills. Most gearboxes first gears to high, and you don't want to be engaging 4 wd all the time!
    Yep, ours tows 2 ton of boat like its not really there. 4 Speed auto + overrive. Got real good acceleration too. Not a landcruiser but good enough for townie like me
    my only gripe would be OD is always on by default and its a pain. in town 50k is less than 1000rpm in top. Cant be good for motor

why vc, slow ?

The auto diesel lux(older ones) you plant your foot to the floor to pull out expecting to have to get out of the throttle to control wheelspin and instead old ladys with walking frames overtake you across the road, winter turns to spring,your kids move out and have kids of there own and then you get to the other side of the road straighten up ,it finally stops slipping the tourque converter and grabs first(should be third!) then it takes off like all hell!
    mikee, Toby and BRADS like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

That being the case look at the 2010 Colorado you'll be impressed mine was a 2009 auto only 2wd but auto and towed my 566 sea Nyphm over the Kaimais no sweat, loved it just below my ranger
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

ok ta, not really that fussed on a auto anyway
    I want someone to say,
    "Hey that is really a very good Surf you have described there, I'll buy it for lots more that you were offered for trade"

Or something very similar
    Bernie likes this.