Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: 2009 Colorado Engine Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    I honestly dont get the whole "buy a toyota" thing. They wreck themselves just as much as the next ute, even the older ones, have heard guys with cruisers tell me how great they are, im sure anything is great after you fork out 12k to rebuild it.
    I just tried to buy the latest technology at the time, 2013 was the Ford. Others were in catchup mode, I'm not a true blu! Just at the moment! My sons just bought a new Toyota Highlander, real nice, so quiet, but I need a ute and he's old before his time
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    I honestly dont get the whole "buy a toyota" thing. They wreck themselves just as much as the next ute, even the older ones, have heard guys with cruisers tell me how great they are, im sure anything is great after you fork out 12k to rebuild it.
    I just tried to buy the latest technology at the time, 2013 was the Ford. Others were in catchup mode, I'm not a true blu! Just at the moment! My sons just bought a new Toyota Highlander, real nice, so quiet, but I need a ute and he's old before his time
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Duh!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

northdude
    first thing would be get it scanned then check all the pipes going from turbo to intercooler to inlet manifold and intercooler for leaks did it start doing it all of a sudden or has it been happening slowly

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Hell no! Ask @mikee

Anyone had any horrors with a d-max? I haven't heard bugger all so far. I wish I could go back in time and pick up brand new 2.7 turbo bighorn
    Actually I don't think it matters what brand you buy at all, assuming you can afford to buy new (or if you lease). You could just trade up every 3 years to keep the warranty cover
    Its those of us who are not so fortunate and have to buy older vehicles and get caught.We have managed to extend our warranty by another 3 years with the maximum claim being the purchase price of the vehicle. Yeah it costs and claiming can be a pain but our warranty has saved us 8 grand so far
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    exhaust gas reticulation valve issue. symptoms are exactly what we had on our triton, i removed the valve assembly and de-gunked it using a bucket of petrol and a stiff brush. put it back on and problem solved
    On the holdens it throws a flow code well before Shit hits the fan

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmsaum View Post
    Mobil Delvac MX ESP engine oil is especially formulated for cleaning EGR valves and particulate filters as you drive

I have used Hiluxes with Delvac and then this oil for over 30yrs with zero problems

My 2010 hilux uses 7.7litres of diesel per 100 km and the wifeys 2015 uses 7.4litres per 100km

Keep your air flow sensor clean and turbo tps filter clean and no probs (There is a thread here somewhere on their cleaning)
    I put 400ml 2 stroke oil in a tank of fuel to improve lubricity and make it hygroscopic and injector pump noise is almost non existent.

Looked after well I'm sure any brand will stand the test of time.

Proper oil is critical and some FEO oils are just too thin and fail at extended drain intervals.

I would not go past 8000 km before an oil change.
    Doesn't matter wat oil you put in it, "cooled" exhaust gas , oil Vapour, and dust that your new air filter lets through will sit combine and make carbon sludge
    Have just done a poolux turbo carbon jammed the vnt , rooted turbine
    One of the top 5 worst mainfolds for carbon build up iv seen

No flow codes just pull in to pasing lane then whistle noise
    Good bye 3G

Have found a spray in cleaner that seams to work
    But good luck getting people to realise they don't have a 3l hilux anymore

northdude
    we use to use oven cleaner on the pos gdi motors if you take the injectors out of the colorado keep them in order they are probably those ones you program to the engine

And this is why I drive V6 petrol utes. When you work out the real cost per Km over the length of ownership, the cost difference between petrol and diesel is minimal, and you don't have to worry about the high priced, high pressure injectors or fuel pump issues - and all makes have the same problems.
    mikee and sometimes like this.

Choice is pretty slim in the petrol ute dept. What are you driving?
    puku likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Choice is pretty slim in the petrol ute dept. What are you driving?
    TOYOTA!

I understand VW are bringing out their latest update with a new V6 petrol. An acquaintance that works for Orix Lease said stay well away from the current VW diesel as they have had no end of problems with engines, including turbos blowing, and said the same about the reliability of Holden Captiva's, saying they have been blowing diff's, gearboxes, engines and electronics (they call the Craptiva's).

Quote Originally Posted by longrange308 View Post
    On the holdens it throws a flow code well before Shit hits the fan
    its supposed to on the mitsi too. problem arrived first. just running it a few weeks then its getting blocked off. its going to pollute allot more if the intake manifold is 50% full of carbon !!

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Anyone had any horrors with a d-max? I haven't heard bugger all so far. I wish I could go back in time and pick up brand new 2.7 turbo bighorn
    Have a 4x4 D-Max auto as my work vehicle. Done 45K and never missed a beat so far. Comfortable, quite economical and more than powerful enough for my use.

I think the D-Max has the same injectors as the Colorado

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    I think the D-Max has the same injectors as the Colorado
    the 3l dmax and 3l colorado are basicly the exact same utes arnt they like ford mazda?
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.