Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: 2016 Hilux

Towing capacity I think can be misleading . 3 ton towing , doesn't mean it has the power more about stopping ! . I've said it before a builder gave his 2 ltr amorak to his wife because it was under powered towing his trailers and boat !
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

They just get uglier and uglier don't they?

One of my flatmates is a Toyota Technician and he reckons some of the new Hilux's are pretty rubbish.
    They should just go back to making the LN106.

Name:  1404431532498[1].jpg
Views: 2196
Size:  396.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    Ok thanks. I'll still stick with my landcruisers tho I think. Haha
    amen, 1hdt or td42t

Quote Originally Posted by Daggers_187 View Post
    They just get uglier and uglier don't they?

One of my flatmates is a Toyota Technician and he reckons some of the new Hilux's are pretty rubbish.
    They should just go back to making the LN106.

Attachment 26922
    Its the reality of todays world, everything is made to be chucked away, not made to last.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

yer at least when i open the bonnet of the cruiser i know what i am looking at.

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

I wouldn't get a current model Hilux unless your a desperate Toyota man. their braking system has gotten worse not better since the model started 7+yrs ago and haven't got close to catching up with the most of the current crop of utes. Sold the hilux last year went to an Amarok but would choose a Ranger if doing lots of towing.
    The Biggest Room is the Room for Improvement

@Barefoot , my old' boss's d4d hilux still had drum brakes in the rear - what a load of shit.

Yip and the ABS has a mind of it's own.
    The Biggest Room is the Room for Improvement

I have a brand new ford ranger for work. If it does all that my last ford ute did I will be very happy. But my own personal ute is a early hilux which has just done the gearbox.

Bought my first 4wd triton in 93. 21 years, 5 utes and many hundreds of thousands of trouble free motoring later Iv just bought another one. And yup they sure are ugly. But full leather, all electrics,133kw and 400nm with a 10 year drive train and 5 year full car warranty all for well under 40k , I'll take all the shit you hilux whores can sling at me and just keep on grinning.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

Well fuck me dead, Im sad to hear my Ford 5 cylinder 3.2 is a dinasour, but what the shit I'd buy another one tomorrow!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    Towing capacity I think can be misleading . 3 ton towing , doesn't mean it has the power more about stopping ! . I've said it before a builder gave his 2 ltr amorak to his wife because it was under powered towing his trailers and boat !
    Oh bullshit the salesman told me they had shit loads of grunt! Twin turbo even, I love my Ford
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Wanting to upgrade my old Lux in a year or so but cant decide if the current model will be better than the new one. I am not a mechanic but understand the new model will be 2.5-2.7l diesel instead of the current 3ltr, to comply with the Euro emissions regs.
    This smaller engine is also supposed to produce more power than the current one, which means to me they are screaming the shit out of a smaller engine to get better results?
    Apart from shape and engine, the current model has all the same fixtures I like.

Hoping @cambo can shed some light on the new one.

A new current model (2014-15) truck should work out a bit cheaper after the new one is released as well I hope.

If this is the new look I am leaning more towards the current model. Looks to be the 2WD model, but meh!

Attachment 26901

Attachment 26902
    I can neither confirm or deny any knowledge of the new Hilux.......

Can confirm the engine size will be smaller than the currant model. Also there will be more emission crap on them for the new Euro 6 rules. So expect more fuel related issues coming to the fore.
    Haven't seen any pictures of the actual trucks yet.
    Specs for us are a closely guarded secret at TNZ at the moment - in other words even they don't know what they're getting.
    Our market is so small we get the dregs of any model range, and whoever orders the vehicles for us usually has no idea of what we actually want or need.
    Got a few months to wait for them to turn up. Talk is October at the moment but it could be even later.
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Oh bullshit the salesman told me they had shit loads of grunt!
    typical Found On Rubbish Dump owner

VW why would ya, I have a GT golf, one is one to many! Poor old Toyota way behind, hope the new one improves their sales?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough