Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: any stabicraft experts in the house??

NO4
    the early stabi's were notorious for having thin plated transoms, which can cause stress cracking as mentioned check the welds around the hull and pontoons and if possible hydro the pontoons for baffle leakage 5-6K would be a fair price if it passes inspection @Dorkus insider tip dont buy the new 2050sc
    Pengy, Dorkus and Vod Ka'nockers like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkus View Post
    I haven't had my eye on this particular part of the market, but a general observation from what I have seen (and I look often at everything between $60-200k as a form of escapism). Things have been a bit mental for trailer boats (and most other "toys") since covid, but they are starting to cool off. Asking prices are still beyond what most people would consider reasonable, and a few desperate souls are still paying through the nose for boats - but they tend to be well maintained and more desirable models. Something like an old stabi with a 2s tohatsu shouldn't be in high demand (unless it is a steal). Don't look at prices from last summer (being the peak) or even six months ago as an example of what that boat is worth now.

At a guess, I would say around $5k. That being made up of $3k for the motor if it is new and in good condition, $1500 for the trailer and bugger all for the hull. My 2c
    Man after my own style there, exactly where I'd be thinking. Although, it is worth adding to this that what you can do is pick up a suitable brand-new hull if everything else is good - get it wired up and fitted out and pop the outboard off the old rig. While that's swinging, drop the old hull onto the verge outside your house with an 'Offers, enquire within' sign on it (might pay to tie it to something) and smack the new hull onto the trailer and bolt everything else onto it. After a bit of time as you get funds you can upgrade everything else to new state and you'll be sweet as!
    Vod Ka'nockers and XR500 like this.