Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Rubber for ranger?

Rubber for ranger?

Need to replace worn tyres on my 2017 ranger,want good on road with a little bit of off road work,paddocks,farm races ,logging roads type of stuff,got 265/50R20s on it now ,firemax brand tyres,we’re on it when I got it but pretty worn so not sure what they are like. Any recommendations that wont require another mortgage on the house?im in waikato..Thanks

yokohama geolander

Quote Originally Posted by Wideranger View Post
    BFG A/T thats all

80k + of safe driving
    25km On our hiace school bus and worn evenly. Rotated and wheel alignment done on time
    Cant be driven hard or heavy breaking all data is recorded, even cornering to fast.

Caretaker
    Cooper AT3
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Round ones in black are all the rave out this way. Ha ha ha ha
    CBH Australia likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

bridgestone duellers MT we have just ticked over 60,000kms and still have 4-5mm tread left on the 2 still on wagon.Mrs managed to shred one the other week so the older not so nobbly versions I took off with 7-8mm tread went back on to that rim and the worst of the remaining three... I anticipate we will maybe get another 10k out of them.BUT $450 each now.... we put the whole set on with wheel alignment and tyre insurance for $993 a few years back...that insurance at $23 per tyre paid for itself when Mrs shredded tyre as it got replaced with new.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Quote Originally Posted by Mohawk .308 View Post
    Having a good run out of Falken wildpeak AT3s, will definitely get them again.
    Same here, I got mine used, they get me everywhere I need to go (fencing, although not in steep stuff) and I regularly tow the 2.5 tonne digger and no problems in the wet (I do seriously "nana" it when in that situation) I'll get over 50K from mine.

Bf k02's big fan mine have lasted 45k of hard driving and still only 2/3 worn out.
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

I'm just coming up to 80k on my Maxxis A/T ones. Mostly road but a fair bit of gravel too and towing a caravan quite a bit on a 2012 Ranger that's just ticked over 200k
    Micky Duck likes this.

BFG A/T thats all

80k + of safe driving
    Have to -totally- disagree. Read actual user reviews in Aussie- the K02s are absolutely infamous for wet road traction. Many people have said they are beyond treacherous and would never get them again. Reason is the ones you traditionally got in the US are top tyres but all the ones sold here are made in Malaysia. I took delivery of a new Raptor on Wed and yesterday swapped the tyres out. The guy that swapped them out and his brother both had very scary experiences with the K02s. the former near 360ing his brand new one on a wet road the day he got it. Ford of course totally deny there is an issue but heaps of users can't all be wrong.

Based on a lot of asking round from intelligent serious users as well as reviews, I went with Maxxis 10-ply Razr's.
    Last edited by 6x47; 21-10-2022 at 07:37 PM.
    BRADS likes this.

They're worn out after 25k? or just bad handling?
    Used them on various 4wd's for 20 years normally get 80ks on them on my land cruiser,towing,whatever.
    opposite experience to yours.
    Have tried others occasionally on wifes hilux but usually disappointed and go back to bfg
    @Wideranger they were down to couple mm of tread. I couldn't believe it myself. 50% tar seal 50% shit gravel/mud road getting logged. I know how my wife drives and it wasn't her driving that killed them.
    be interesting because they fitted the same tires again and now she is on a different road

I previously owned a tyre store and had many customers with the same reviews of the BFG as @6x47 posted up, they go hard quickly, and hard equals slippery to put it in very simple terms.
    Firemax was an economy tyre value tyres were importing but no longer do.
    Maxxis Razr AT811 or Bravo AT700 both represent fantastic value for money. I had the AT811 on my 2017 Ranger, got 85,000kms on the first set and sold it on the second set, they have plenty of on road and off road grip and are nice and quiet. I towed a 6.5M boat, race cars etc on road, and a decoy trailer and UTV setup off road regularly, as well as long distance trips all over NZ with family
    I run the AT700 on my wife's 2016 Prado and my Dads 2018 BT-50 and they are even quieter, with great on road and suitable off road performance, little less aggressive than the AT811 ( Razr All terrain )

I had great feedback on the Falken wildpeak AT also but I didnt sell them so cant speak further on that sorry.
    Moa Hunter and Micky Duck like this.
    Ducks N Bucks, Kingis N Crays

I also had Kenda Klever RT tyres and the Maxxis Razr MT772 and rate both of them highly but they are a lot more aggressive being a rugged terrain and mud terrain respectively
    Ducks N Bucks, Kingis N Crays

Maxxis Razr 811

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

Looking for wet road performance / safety over everything else as it’s the vehicle We use mostly when travelling long distances with the family onboard,never really towing heavy loads,only lightweight caravan or 4.6m Fyran.
    Micky Duck likes this.