Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Rubber for ranger?

Quote Originally Posted by madmaori View Post
    BFG are not the same beast that they once were.
    Maxxis is one of the most expensive tyres around at the moment with another price hike happening in November.
    Cooper AT3 would be one of the best cost per km tyres out that also drives extremely well (no good in a 265/50R20 though as they are only a passenger casing and the lighter ply ones don't go anywhere near as good as the LT version)
    Nitto Terragrappler is a shit hot tyre but is starting to get quite pricey
    Falken AT3W is also very hard to go past.
    Firemax is shit that I wouldn't even put on the mother in law.
    A couple of really good cost effective options are the Sailun Terramax or the GT Radial AT3

Do yourself a favor and if you are doing all 4 go to a 275/55R20 , 265/50R20 is a bit under shod on a Ranger
    Will 275/55r20 tyres fit the rims I have now?seems there are a few who stock the GT radials locally so they might be the go?

Yeah mate theyll go straight on
    Ducks N Bucks, Kingis N Crays

Quote Originally Posted by No.3 View Post
    I've been using the definitely unsexy AT22 Dunlop on mine - this was the old factory issue 17" tyre that the rangers used to roll out on. Get about 70,000 out of them and they were quite available from people wanting to trade them out for MT's or aftermarket rims. Quiet, OK for grip, not that shite off road and quite good on gravel/rock back area roads in terms of longevity (this is where the Coopers for one fall down - they seem to get knifed and sliced to bits on gravel/rock roads and as we found out this is specifically excluded under their warranty).
    @Philipo, is your Wildtrak the bi-turbo? Mate has a few Rangers and the bi-turbo eats boots like licorice compared to the 3.2L's. Dunno what it is as well, same drivers swapping between vehicles and same useage. He's not going to replace the bi-turbo with anything other than either a 3.2L or one of the new v6's as the bi-turbo is nowhere near the tow vehicle.
    Looking at the millage some off you guys are getting out of these tires id have to stay our roads must be the worst in country in Gisborne.
    Which when you travel out of Gisborne south or north after a 1 1/2 you start to notice road improvement
    4 Different utes running the Factory AT22 not one of us can get 45km out them and 25km the worst set.
    Still works out a cheap set of tires if you are getting them for $500 a set plus fitting

Quote Originally Posted by Mohawk .308 View Post
    Having a good run out of Falken wildpeak AT3s, will definitely get them again.
    Thats what i put on my Mu, awesome tyres for the money so far. Been highly rated for a AT tyre....only heard good things about these

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    Looking at the millage some off you guys are getting out of these tires id have to stay our roads must be the worst in country in Gisborne.
    Which when you travel out of Gisborne south or north after a 1 1/2 you start to notice road improvement
    4 Different utes running the Factory AT22 not one of us can get 45km out them and 25km the worst set.
    Still works out a cheap set of tires if you are getting them for $500 a set plus fitting
    tonys tyres have the bridgestone MT duellers for $450 so thats not eggzachary a cheap tyre I would have thought...as said Ive just ticked over 60 k on this set.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

No dog in this fight, but I fid but a set of G003's off Brad/@madmaori yesterday - what a top bloke.
    Well worth the drive.
    P.s. whoever responsible for SH5 should be shot with a ball of his/her frozen shit.

Bloody autoincorrect - typing on my phone. Should have read I did buy a set of G003's.

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by No.3 View Post
    I've been using the definitely unsexy AT22 Dunlop on mine - this was the old factory issue 17" tyre that the rangers used to roll out on. Get about 70,000 out of them and they were quite available from people wanting to trade them out for MT's or aftermarket rims. Quiet, OK for grip, not that shite off road and quite good on gravel/rock back area roads in terms of longevity (this is where the Coopers for one fall down - they seem to get knifed and sliced to bits on gravel/rock roads and as we found out this is specifically excluded under their warranty).
    @Philipo, is your Wildtrak the bi-turbo? Mate has a few Rangers and the bi-turbo eats boots like licorice compared to the 3.2L's. Dunno what it is as well, same drivers swapping between vehicles and same useage. He's not going to replace the bi-turbo with anything other than either a 3.2L or one of the new v6's as the bi-turbo is nowhere near the tow vehicle.
    Nar mines a 2016 with the 3.2, I drive it fairly hard on the road & found to get the best out of that engine you need to use the tiptronic & keep it on the boil, that big arse turbo has plenty of grunt but the power band is tiny, like only 1500 revs so if you drop off ( especially over taking on hills ) ya fucked.
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Nolan View Post
    No dog in this fight, but I fid but a set of G003's off Brad/@madmaori yesterday - what a top bloke.
    Well worth the drive.
    P.s. whoever responsible for SH5 should be shot with a ball of his/her frozen shit.
    On his recommendation I have ordered a set of the gt ones,under $300 per tyre.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross Nolan View Post
    Well worth the drive.
    Brad/@madmaori excellent to deal with and good pricing.
    madmaori likes this.

Fitted this afternoon,very quiet,nice looking tread pattern and seemed good on the wet roads this afternoon..
    Shearer and madmaori like this.

My Amarok came with Cooper Zeon LTZ 285/50/20. When I went to replace them I fell out of my tree.
    Went to Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3 in 275/55/20.

They new tires certainly felt better particularly in the wet but any new tire should!
    They are good in the dry. In the wet they are progressive and controlled when they slip.
    The Duelers are more probably a 60/40 tire and I really wanted a more road orientated tire 80/20 but I still need something that stands up to gravel roads and farm tracks.
    Z
    landy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 10-Ring View Post
    Brad/@madmaori excellent to deal with and good pricing.
    Thanks mate , appreciate it
    Bay Tyres-Driving the best deal since ages ago