Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Diesels don't run on water I told him........

northdude
    the old me would of said throw a little 289 or 302w in it but we in 2019 now
    CATLINS HUNTER likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    in order be become older and wiser...first one must be young and dumb( and F.O.C. ) good on you Dad.... there will be a replacement engine around the show...pretty sure there is at least one sitting in yard in Temuka.
    Blairs ,Geraldine still sell second hand motors,3 month warranty.?

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    the old me would of said throw a little 289 or 302w in it but we in 2019 now
    351m-400 but the 400 jobbie. and rebuilt properly.
    Got one in the 72 Gal I redid. Goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    What motor in the Terrano?
    TD27 would be the stock answer...

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    or repower time ls1 perhaps
    teeny tiny little diffs in the back of em.
    Their rear diffs are same size as a Proper Fourby™ (safari) front.

Bet he could slack off the IP and all the injectors and pump it through with diesel and it'd run again.
    Huk likes this.

I will no doubt get laughed at here but...bit of recent talk of both 4wd and drift builds on modern Diesels.

Super ute series limited to 677NM torque and 340hp....Mitsi is doing that on totally stock internals other than camshaft.
    First/only all aluminium production Ute Diesel engine.
    First/only offset crank production Ute Diesel engine.
    First/only variable valve timing ute Diesel engine.

Those spec are limited for parity and no doubt emissions but if one had a mind to there is huge potential there but unsure of crate availability.

The cummins 2.4 however is designed as a crate engine and ready to go and is very attractive in that respect if perhahps lacking a bit of tech
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    I will no doubt get laughed at here but...bit of recent talk of both 4wd and drift builds on modern Diesels.

Super ute series limited to 677NM torque and 340hp....Mitsi is doing that on totally stock internals other than camshaft.
    First/only all aluminium production Ute Diesel engine.
    First/only offset crank production Ute Diesel engine.
    First/only variable valve timing ute Diesel engine.

Those spec are limited for parity and no doubt emissions but if one had a mind to there is huge potential there but unsure of crate availability.

The cummins 2.4 however is designed as a crate engine and ready to go and is very attractive in that respect if perhahps lacking a bit of tech
    Mitsi 4M engines are pretty good. At least. The few that I've f*ked on were good.

that picture reminds me of the time i put my landy under water and i mean under
    norsk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser308 View Post
    Bet that Mitsi ali block would go good the moment it's filled with water. I mean, the water would go really good squirting right out the side of the block followed by the rest of the once-shiny bits squirting out the other side...

On the plus side, I haven't seen the piles of used looms loafing at the back of the Mitsi outfit and the people with Mitsi's I know all seem quite pleased with them for reliability so they might have got on top of the loom failures. Dealer prowess still seems a concern, I know of a few cases where shoddy workmanship has created claims from Mitsi NZ's head office - still you can't fault the vehicles because of the work done on them.
    Good thing they run on Diesel not water

well just try running a petrol on diesel.
    Especially a little Sj413.
    yeah....nah.
    dannyb likes this.

As a young fella I worked in the Bush in a Hauler crew,one evening doing some overtime one of the fellas told me to do a Oil change on his new to him Cruiser,nice big thing,fancey seats winch etc.Chuffed to bits to be able to drive it,I took it over to the container with all the fluids in it.

After draining the oil and replacing the filter,I filled it up from the big drum marked Delvac XHP.

On the way home,Francis is telling Chaz that I just changed the oil in his wagon

"Where did you get the oil from Mike" asked Chaz
    "Delvac drum in the container" I replied

"Thats fucking Barlube bro"

This was the summer time in the central North Island and Fransis was pretty dark,well that Maori went pale as his eyes hardly left the oil pressure gauge on the dash all the way home.

Someone had pumped the barlube into a empty delvac drum for some reason or another and never relabeled it.Usually the barlube drums were solid grey and the delvac drums marked as such.

He never had any problems with the wagon as far as I know.
    "Sixty percent of the time,it works every time"

Quote Originally Posted by norsk View Post
    As a young fella I worked in the Bush in a Hauler crew,one evening doing some overtime one of the fellas told me to do a Oil change on his new to him Cruiser,nice big thing,fancey seats winch etc.Chuffed to bits to be able to drive it,I took it over to the container with all the fluids in it.

After draining the oil and replacing the filter,I filled it up from the big drum marked Delvac XHP.

On the way home,Francis is telling Chaz that I just changed the oil in his wagon

"Where did you get the oil from Mike" asked Chaz
    "Delvac drum in the container" I replied

"Thats fucking Barlube bro"

This was the summer time in the central North Island and Fransis was pretty dark,well that Maori went pale as his eyes hardly left the oil pressure gauge on the dash all the way home.

Someone had pumped the barlube into a empty delvac drum for some reason or another and never relabeled it.Usually the barlube drums were solid grey and the delvac drums marked as such.

He never had any problems with the wagon as far as I know.
    Probably the best thing you could have put in there if it was a 1hdt.

sneakywaza I got
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    Well I hope that’s him your sending out to hook up
    Remember son you been up there a thousand times ah!!!
    Poor me another
    Yep that's him going out to hook up,his buddy took that pic, at this point I didn't know it had happened, he had my ground anchors and chain block and tow straps so they were able to drag it up onto the hard standing. Good job too, river rose half a meter by dark, truck wouldn't have been there by morning. That spot is about half way to the hut from the road end, funny as hell, they made friends with a random bloke in a jet boat who came tikki touring along.

I got the truck back to Chch, got it going again and he sold it to his sister and bought a .............Suzuki Jimney
    dannyb likes this.