Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast
Like Tree891Likes

Thread: Getting power out of a harley

Bike power...

I'm happy to conclude that my perspective of a motored bicycle is not near to the present direction of thought. I'm happy to admit, that I'm of no benefit to this discussion. All speed though, to those who relish in the modern ' motorcyclist'.
    Ftx325 likes this.

Tread carefully in the suck... ishoot10s's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Yeah. Very spendy but also very cool. What's it like having no engine noise? That would be weird.
    There’s quite a whine when you give it some, they’ve used straight cut gears I think in the reduction or 90 degree gearbox. When you’re stopped at lights etc, there’s a haptic pulse you feel every few seconds, like you’re giving it tiny twists on the throttle. It just reminds you that it’s alive and ready. It really is pretty neat, but smaller than I imagined.
    Shearer likes this.
    10MRT shooters do it 60 times, in two directions and at two speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by ishoot10s View Post
    There’s quite a whine when you give it some, they’ve used straight cut gears I think in the reduction or 90 degree gearbox. When you’re stopped at lights etc, there’s a haptic pulse you feel every few seconds, like you’re giving it tiny twists on the throttle. It just reminds you that it’s alive and ready. It really is pretty neat, but smaller than I imagined.
    Buy it
    Price is $30K in the USA so NZ price is not out of the ordinary. Look after it and it will become a classic.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Would be an interesting ride.

200ks on a charge with conservative riding might be 150ks with a bit of blipping. That's not even close to good enough for any sunday ride. Only commuter distance suitable really - a big limitation until better batts come along.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnwolf View Post
    True!
    My Royal Enfield is 47hp and it’s fun to ride, a real ‘puts a smile on your face’ bike
    And on the open road it’s sixth gear everywhere, no need to change down for any of the hills.
    My 'modified' yamaha Sr500 is the same, no rocket, but keeps you grinning

Quote Originally Posted by Finnwolf View Post
    True!
    My Royal Enfield is 47hp and it’s fun to ride, a real ‘puts a smile on your face’ bike
    And on the open road it’s sixth gear everywhere, no need to change down for any of the hills.
    Trying to get the Km’s up so I can take it for first service, weather and life conspire to slow that up however today’s ride to the Catlins and Kaka Point was an enjoyable ride, Mrs Finnwolf likewise enjoyed the trip.

Still like the bike, a great wee bike, only niggle is selecting 6th sometimes doesn’t go smoothly ie shift lever doesn’t want to click up from 5th on first go from time to time, from what I’ve read on line it’s a bedding in issue and improves as time goes by.
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’

rode an electric m/cycle today for the first time . Well if you can call it a m/cycle . just a little thing obviously designed for commuting with a top speed of 70k or so and styled along the lines of a honda monkey bike .
    What a strange sensation ...... completely silent except for a tiny amount of tyre and wind noise . I found it quite unnerving myself ....
    Neat little machine and would be magic for short running around but after a history of british classics and jappa race bikes with all the fruit and race pipes I think it would take a while for me to get used to the lack of engine/exhaust noise , particularly as I always found that a part of the attraction of bikes.
    I mean , even on a pushbike you can hear the sound of your heavy breathing but this was just so quite it was eerie.....
    Shearer and Frogfeatures like this.
    born to hunt - forced to work

I would like to have a spin on this.
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/m...0?bof=MaBQJENB
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Finnwolf it does get better I have 6000km on mine without a false neutral between 5th and 6th from about 3000km. Clutch adjustment helps too. I rode mine with plenty of changing between 5 and 6th now its super smooth.
    Finnwolf likes this.
    Velocity is thrilling,but diameter does the real killing.

this thread reminds me of the old story...
    how do you make a racehorse run faster????
    feed it to a greyhound...
    257weatherby, Steve123 and mimms2 like this.

Took the Interceptor in for 500km service today, a great ride in warm sunny weather up to Dunedin and headed back vis Brighton and Taieri Mouth - Waihola road, a nice ‘puts a smile on your face’ ride.

Not quite as good as a successful hunt but still up there.
    john m, Micky Duck and rewa like this.

Just back from Burt Munro Challenge rally on the Royal Enfield, shit there’s some mad buggers on the race tracks! Absolutely fearless and insane!

Mrs Finnwolf and I got a really wet arse between Edendale and Invercargill, it fair bucketed down, thankfully we weren’t staying in a tent!

Anyway that’s got nothing to do with shooting and hunting....
    rugerman, Shearer and berg243 like this.