Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Hilux EGR

Hot egr is no good for emissions so it needs to be cooler which cools the oil vapor which mixes with soot to form sludge
    Smaller engine making more power needs more boost so more oil vapor
    Shit idea for a shit problem
    Shut it down and fit a catch can and you will be sweet
    Been running wurth egr cleaner for awhile for every service , helps but not if it’s too far gone

Also previous video, you should see what comes out of a euro 6 on catch can will make ya cry

Then you ad a dpf, just another sweet idea
    gadgetman likes this.

I've just finished cleaning a manifold from a late model ZD30 patrol with a EGR cooler. 110,000ks on the clock and yep she had atleast 2mm layer of tar on all the intake ports. scrubbed with petrol and left to dry. EGR has been turned off via remap and I took the time to install a blanking plate.
    This goes to show the EGR cooler was ineffective at stopping tar build up.

If you want to step into a later model lux with DPF
    Misunderstanding or not knowing how it works is the problem with DPF fitted vehicles, they block up from repeated short runs and not being able to burn off. (some ECUS control burn off until engine is a temp & moving) I know Isuzu Dmaxs gets around with DPF back pressure gauge for owners to monitor which can be quite handy knowing when you have to take the vehicle for a decent run when gauge is full.
    Owning a scantool & learning how to force a burn off should be considered.

Ask John Wills he will set you on the correct path ,may even score it for you .

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Quote Originally Posted by radial View Post
    Ask John Wills he will set you on the correct path ,may even score it for you .
    Funny bugger

As Flyblown says , fit a catch Provent catch can. I got mine for a triton off Trademe, specifically designed brackets and piping for the different models . Think the supplier was western filters in Aussie. On a side note . The courier driver that drops stuff off at work has just had his manifolds etc cleaned for the second time, all gunked up . Think its same or similar engine as a hilux. I tried to tell him about the provent but it went in one ear , out the other. He said “ the toyota mechanics hadnt seen that issue before “ ,oh really!
    Grasshoppa likes this.