Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: Home build 3.4m Alloy Jetboat (photo heavy)

I know of a fair few female engineers Dougie....even back when I was doing my trade 25y ago they were far from uncommon tho mostly they seem attracted to machining and cnc type work away from the burns and heavy lifting.
    Dougie likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Theres been a lot in the waimea river lately all crew in earmuffs and you can hear the things miles away. I'm all for jet boats and boats in general but these things are.......
    Yes I know what you mean.....pretty sure the only river locally they are allowed on( any power boat) is the Mot and only for part of the year.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    While I really like jet boats (even though I am the "black sheep" in the family being the only one to own a fizz boat currently)

I loathe jet dinghies powered by shitty noisy little jet-ski engines/unit.

Please, please please if you are going to build one please put a proper motor in it!!
    You should not ever have to wear earmuffs in a boat unless you are actually in an engine room or generator room. If you must be a little noisy then a 5 to 6ltr V8 engine will supply the best result

Dougie your boat looks like bloody good fun by the way
    You mean something quiet like a 300hp honda vtec in a 3.8m hull.!!!!

Is there any rotary engine powered jet boat?

Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    yes,But not that common as you are after torque for a jet boat.
    veitnamcam and Dougie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSCX9IBtCDI
    Kiwi Greg and rambo rem700 like this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

If you'd like to top up my bank account for a four stroke jet ski motor then fill your boots!

Previous boat had a Rover V8 in it that was a heap.. swapped it out for a holden V6 and I swear it was louder than the two stroke in this boat!

Ear muffs do not bother me in the slightest. I wear them a lot at work...might as well be wearing them and doing something fun.

It's the vibration that is the not so good thing about the two stroke. I bought (trade) these epic washers for the engine mounts at $12 each!!!!!! They do no undo though. Unlike every other bolt I am now finding out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    Crank up the sensitivity or just bite the bullet and buy a better one... I have one for galv and another for tig because the mig one is shit and flashes me occasionally, it's about $99 I think. I don't want to ruin the good one by using it on spitty steel

Kotuku im writing for thebloke.co.nz

I stopped with NZO after they published photos without my permission, edited my articles and reviews without sending me a draft before publishing, then they fired the Editor who was sticking up for me.

What about the Hunters Element gig? You still involved with them??

Quote Originally Posted by Kudu View Post
    What about the Hunters Element gig? You still involved with them??
    No.

She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Huk
    any video on the list , keen to see it up n running sound included cheers, hope i havnt missed any other posts asking same cheers

Huk
    P.S.is yours similar to Smiddys and Kiwi Bushmans liked theres ,just on a wishlist but running out of years

MSL
    Maybe your impeller needs balancing?

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser308 View Post
    That's interesting about the vibration, the little 2thumper motor's should be fairly free from vibration cause if they aren't they can do all sorts of nasties like peening roller bearings and wiping cylinder walls... Also it's not to flash on the jet units they should be free from vibration as well.
    I mean the fact that the boat is essentially a large drum that vibrates and amplifies the high frequency sound of the two stroke

mikee likes this.

I was looking at a similar length boat to your today, it had a wee KodiaK V8 shoe horned into it. It was very well done but not a home build.

I always wanted a jet boat but not much use in the sea unfortunately have to make do with taking dads for a spin occasionally when I visit
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    Yeah I absolutely loved the bit on Farah last night! What a great role model.

I think it's a lot of nurture, not nature.

I have grown up not being encouraged much with honestly quite an absent family, but with extensive pig headedness and drive for excellece. (Read: stubborn.) however, I think if our little girls were always told that they could do anything (and similarly to boys... they can do anything, including hair dressing, nursing, ballet dancing, crying when they are hurt physically or emotionally.......) then we would live in a much more diverse and fair world.

I think you are right. Back in the 40's women were doing everything. My mother was a strong swimmer and took on the men's open events and won those because there was not enough competition in the women's events. Her father died when she was about 10 leaving her mother to bring up the three kids on her own with little welfare. There was my mothers role model.

Impressed with the build.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!