Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Info wanted - 2009 Navara ST-X 4x4 Auto

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Hey Gibo I have seen the way you drive (remember the Taupo Napier road about six or seven years back) so it doesn’t matter what you end up with mate coz you’ll fuck it anyway. Just kidding. Nah not really. Ha ha ha ha.
    Gibo and mimms2 like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

I've got a 2013 D22 navara with the 2.5td, manual though. Done about 20000kms so far, sitting at 85000kms. Half of that running has been offroad. No dramas at all quite capable actually. Only downside is they are the least powerful of today's utes or that era. They are also known for noisy or squeaky tortion bars at full lock on cross axle type stuff. I would buy another.

Nah from me. Did you talk to J?

What's your budget? (the sale of your red beast is variable, I know, but what were planning to chuck on top of that?)
    Gibo likes this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

northdude
    all i can say about nissans is they rust like fuk and nissan seems to have a thing about putting the oil filter in the most cunty spot . I wouldn't own one but they are great for business

Quote Originally Posted by mimms2 View Post
    Late 80's I hope.
    Probly tow the narva and all
    ‘84.
    314,000km, motor rebuilt 180,000km ago ( before I bought the ute)

Tows loads it shouldn’t.
    mimms2 likes this.
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’

Do not touch anything first generation, love my Nissan’s , but if you mechanic is saying avoid ...then I’d be doing just that ...he’s in the know more than anyone ..Isuzu have a good rep ..and getting better
    Nil durum volenti !!

Around that age look out for an RC Colorado or Isuzu D-Max, both have the 3L 4JJ1 Isuzu engine and running gear. Can pick them up pretty cheap these days.

Just my humble opinion.
    gadgetman, stingray, Gibo and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mawzer308 View Post
    I've got a 2013 D22 navara with the 2.5td, manual though. Done about 20000kms so far, sitting at 85000kms. Half of that running has been offroad. No dramas at all quite capable actually. Only downside is they are the least powerful of today's utes or that era. They are also known for noisy or squeaky tortion bars at full lock on cross axle type stuff. I would buy another.
    D22 is a much better vehicle than D40
    kawhia, Tommy, Micky Duck and 2 others like this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

I have a 2008 King Cab flatdeck. I'm fussy with the service schedule and it's done 190k with no dramas. Best cab design IMO as I have left the back seats up and unused and put a false floor in behind the front seats so stuff we carry in the back is up where it can be reached from the front seats. It was the only king cab type ute of any brand that leaves you with an open space under that false floor to stow two rifles out of sight. All other brand utes have a fuel tank or floor design that hinders that extra out of sight storage.
    If I needed another ute I'd buy another Narvara King Cab.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    D22 is a much better vehicle than D40
    My bad, I was thinking of the D22 ST-R.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Yeah one of my mechanic mates is saying dont go near it. Other people have said they are ok....
    I drove a few between 2006-09 while working in Africa,did probably just over 20000 k's in them ,personally l would avoid unless you had full service history showing faulty Nissan parts were replaced with better quality ones . These were at first extremely popular as company / fleet vehicles in Africa due to heavily discounted prices as they tried to buy market share, in the end the way Nissan handled the various problems lead to them damaging their dealer networks reputation.

With the autos they had a bad problem of a 20 cents circlip in the reverse gears shattering, feed crap through the unit,the timing chains would start to rattle as early as 50000 Klm's ,they had issues with bad injectors,the radiator had a stupid low mounting exposing it badly in rocky creek crossings etc & later on units with tow bars had trouble with the chassis fracturing,light weight drive shafts easily bent in rocky terrain/crossings.

In Africa Utes are nicknamed "Bakkies" these were soon dubbed "Go Bakkies" from regular trips back to the dealers for warranty claims/repairs.The main problem l think was there the dealers kept replacing the poor quality parts with the same shit , l should point out Nissan Africa supplied these utes from the Spanish factory due to a trade deal , so whether the Thailand builds had the same problems you would have to do a bit of research.

I drove 3 of these over the years & all manuals ,one had the chain problem,l knew personally 2 other owners who had the same problem,1 again after having the chain replaced under warranty at 53000 klm . I never had a breakdown leaving us stranded, but 2 different utes leaked like a sieve in heavy rain & had trouble with keeping dust out while driving long distance on dirt.

For me it would be a definite no ,but if you got written confirmation of parts being properly replaced & full service history for a steal then it may be worth the risk for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    Around that age look out for an RC Colorado or Isuzu D-Max, both have the 3L 4JJ1 Isuzu engine and running gear. Can pick them up pretty cheap these days.

Just my humble opinion.
    Yup me too
    PaulNZ likes this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Yup had a D22 100,000 k's by me No issues

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Yeah one of my mechanic mates is saying dont go near it. Other people have said they are ok....
    He’s right.
    Gibo likes this.

I had an 08 D40, was a manual, the factory dual mass flywheel are rubbish but didn't have any other issues