Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Jetboat - someone spend my money

Caretaker
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    We did the Dart last weekend, took a relative new river boater with us. He was stuck twice within 30 metres of the lake

River runs pretty dirty due to the lake. The lake is pretty impressive, a few guys got their boats up into it over xmas. One is still sitting on the river bed in a deep hole up there though...

We hit a railway iron once that was just under the surface, it stopped us dead in our tracks, I got two black eyes and a crooked nose from headfirsting into the windscreen. Mate cracked a couple of ribs as he caught the windscreen flying out over the front. Boat had a foot long gash through the bottom right up beside the motor. Good times.
    After reading that im not so keen to make one now

Was thinking 500ci with 6pounds of boost

Now im studying steel hull
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Sandy shelfs are the worst, you stop instantly! @JoshC have you been into the rock burn pool on the Dart, that's a neat wee spot to visit.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

Fuk, you guys have got better/worse injuries than 'rodeo riders'........
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorlad View Post
    Sandy shelfs are the worst, you stop instantly! @JoshC have you been into the rock burn pool on the Dart, that's a neat wee spot to visit.
    Yes sand bars stop boats on a dime. In our big jet boat (7.8m alloy hardtop) we use for crossing our local bars we've hit sand bars a few times at 60+kmph and sand stops the boat within metres...no sliding at all. The estuary channel changes all the time and at 1/2 tide or less you really have to go hammer down. I always make sure passengers are holding on properly or wedged in between the cabin wall and the seats as we make the ~2km run out to the bar. Once you're in the surf you're safe! Haha. Most times you're sweet but there have been occasions when we've only made a few hundred metres from the trailer

Yep been in there a few times. Was back in there last weekend for lunch. Looking down into it from the lookout bridge at the top is pretty freaky. I came screaming up the creek quite quick because it was pretty low and there were about 20-30 inflatable kayaks in there choking the pool up, fortunately the guide had heard us coming and told them to keep out of our way. . Guides were top blokes/chicks, their job looked like fun but they reckoned it was a bit like herding cats with absolutely no control over where they were going!
    Last edited by JoshC; 29-01-2015 at 12:33 PM.
    gadgetman and Uplandstalker like this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

How to take care of those pesky sand bars....

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...622133&fref=nf
    Uplandstalker likes this.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorlad View Post
    I used to stay in the Rockburn hut for weeks on end about 25 years ago. The dart river jet boat operator used to tell all his clients that a hermit lives there(I was only 20),they'd leave me all sorts of goodies.
    Blaser, crnkin and BRADS like this.