Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Kitset Boats

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Actually its a Parkercraft same thing
    The Bristol Freighter of the sea. So many rivets floating in loose formation. Those that don't leak are about to leak. Still like mine though.
    stingray likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    The Bristol Freighter of the sea. So many rivets floating in loose formation. Those that don't leak are about to leak. Still like mine though.
    Very surprisingly its not actually the rivets that leak most, I went round and peened the offenders and its been good since, its the hull itself and the stiffeners cracking that is the issue....she is bloody old and bloody thin.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Very surprisingly its not actually the rivets that leak most, I went round and peened the offenders and its been good since, its the hull itself and the stiffeners cracking that is the issue....she is bloody old and bloody thin.
    I fear I may be to blame for exceeding Cams wee dingy's maximum load weight. could have swore the poor thing shuddered when I got out of the car, the motor went pale too
    gadgetman, stingray and Beaker like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    I fear I may be to blame for exceeding Cams wee dingy's maximum load weight. could have swore the poor thing shuddered when I got out of the car, the motor went pale too
    All my first mates are simmilar mass so its not your fault
    stingray and mikee like this.

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    Woo woo Cam don't bite Woody. His advise is good I would at least look at it and try to make it work. I have met Woody as other members have and I would put him up there with the top boys on good advise, He's actually a bloody good prick, better than most know .but i do, Cheers to woody for coming to the aid of another member. That's all i have to say. Cam your a good prick to and i haven't even met ya
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Yeah, think the thickest parts on mine are the welded repairs.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Yeah, think the thickest parts on mine are the welded repairs.
    ditto
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Quote Originally Posted by Gapped axe View Post
    Woo woo Cam don't bite Woody. His advise is good I would at least look at it and try to make it work. I have met Woody as other members have and I would put him up there with the top boys on good advise, He's actually a bloody good prick, better than most know .but i do, Cheers to woody for coming to the aid of another member. That's all i have to say. Cam your a good prick to and i haven't even met ya
    I dont doubt Woody is a good bugger.
    I like the look of his boat.
    The guy who built it does not want to build anymore or sell kits because they are not on his website.
    Simple really, if you want to sell kits put kits on your website and they will come up in google searches, people will buy them,magazines will do reviews,people will put up utube videos of the build and running BUT MOST OF ALL IF YOU SELL KITS PUT THE FUCKEN PRICE ON YOUR WEBSITE!

Things that fuck me off.

Websites that tell me/show me nothing and that is pretty much every bloody boat builder in the country.
    Show me a product with no price!!!!

Clearly you do not want my money if you cannot even decide how much of it you want.
    mikee likes this.

I dont doubt Woody is a good bugger.
    I like the look of his boat.
    The guy who built it does not want to build anymore or sell kits because they are not on his website.
    Simple really, if you want to sell kits put kits on your website and they will come up in google searches, people will buy them,magazines will do reviews,people will put up utube videos of the build and running BUT MOST OF ALL IF YOU SELL KITS PUT THE FUCKEN PRICE ON YOUR WEBSITE!

Things that fuck me off.

Websites that tell me/show me nothing and that is pretty much every bloody boat builder in the country.
    Show me a product with no price!!!!

Clearly you do not want my money if you cannot even decide how much of it you want.
    Its almost to the point I will buy the first one that has a price on it, cos you know if you have to ask you cant afford it.

...you ring / email they get your contact details and .....

they threaten to tell your wife if you don't purchase their product ......barstards .........IT'S A TRAP!!!!
    Nil durum volenti !!

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post

they threaten to tell your wife if you don't purchase their product ......barstards .........IT'S A TRAP!!!!
    I dont email and I intensly dislike talking on the phone like most males,I also intensly dislike people who ring my work phone at lunchtime so I dont ring anyone at lunchtime if avoidable.

If 400 people rang for a price and that phone conversation cost you $100 in lost earning potential each are you not reatrded for not putting the price on your add?(the website)

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post

I have missed almost every deerstalkers meeting because the email the pre warning? I dont even know what you call it?
    Anyway I have looked at the email about 4 times in the lasgt 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    Sounds to me VC that the problem is yours not theirs. If you can live without email that's fine. I can live without fag book. If you don't want to contact them or have them contact you, how do you expect them to know what you want?
    A lot of boat builders won't sell kits because they don't want clowns making a mess of their products.

And that I totaly understand, what I dont understand is not putting a price on your products. Imagine going to do the grocerys in a supermarket with no prices on anything,how do you compare products ?

yeah not putting prices up bugs me as well I just walk away
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Quote Originally Posted by Gapped axe View Post
    yeah not putting prices up bugs me as well I just walk away
    Same here.

But if something is not listed and I think it is something they will likely have or be able to do I will ask. Some get quite enthusiastic about something a little out of the ordinary, gives them something to think about while they're wandering from the shop floor to the office. Emails work well as they can be viewed at a convenient time for both parties.
    Blaser likes this.