Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: LED Light Bars

Hi 300,

I recently purchased a few items from Stedi Lights in Melbourne. Here is their website: https://www.stedi.com.au

After doing a bit of research on light bars it appears there are a bunch of options out there but quality ranges from "piss-poor" through to "ridiculously expensive and still piss-poor". I saw first hand the lights these guys have and they were pretty impressive so in a rush of blood to the head I decided to upgrade the headlights on the Hilux to LED. The kit came with everything I needed, installation was easy (10 minutes a side) and the results were fantastic.

Having experienced their excellent customer service once, I then ordered a lightbar. This came with everything you need to install it to the vehicle. The wiring harness was comprehensive, complete with 40A fuse/holder, 40A relay, adapter to break into the high-beam circuit all with high quality fittings. The light bar is equally impressive. Shame it's only fitted to a quad bike. Ha.

One thing I did notice is that you'll find it cheaper to buy from them via TradeMe at present. If you go online to their website the prices are slightly cheaper than TM but by the time you add freight the cost escalates. At present Stedi are offering free freight via their TM listings so with the exchange rate being so close to the AUD, it works out cheaper than buying direct. On both occasions I ordered via TM and the kits arrived 4 days later. Can't ask for much better than that. I also purchased the items in two separate transactions on purpose - to reduce the chances of attracting import duties.

If you have any questions, take the time to call the guys and talk to them. I found them to be very helpful and they really know their shit.

Good luck.

And the Lord said - "let there be light".
    And it was done.
    And you could see for bloody miles.
    7mmsaum and Pengy like this.

My son is running a Stedi light bar on the front of his Mitsi. Forget the baloney it is a significant safety factor. No more straining your eyes whilst night driving. Very good price,great light and super quick to get it here.Got our engineer to manufacture an ali bracket to mount it.

Caretaker
    anyone else using light bars on their vehicles ?

Best brands to buy ?
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

got a 140 watt one on our triton, took it for a warrant the other day and our local mechanic gave me a wink and says he "disconnected" to make it legal. apparently its not a WOF issue but the cops can prosecute if they think it is causing danger.
    i have it wired so it can be used on main beam only and since the mrs is blind as a bat at night i would rather see where she is going

SiB
    I recall once being WoF failed for having two sets of spotlights. Apparently you're only allowed one set. Naturally I simply reconnected afterwards. I'm intending to do the same again and am hoping those covers over the switches might appease

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmsaum View Post
    anyone else using light bars on their vehicles ?

Best brands to buy ?
    I was talking to the guys that run our drum stock fuel in Australia, all their trucks have Hellas' fitted and they swear by them.
    A colleague at work has a cheap one and its terrible.
    7mmsaum likes this.

At Sollys transport we went to the Great White 9 led gen 2 driving lights, part #GWB5093 . They are only about a foot long and are bloody good bright very white driving light. Have had them on my last two trucks and probably 1/2 a million k's only one failure, replaced under warranty no problems. I would recommend the brand.
    7mmsaum and rambo rem700 like this.
    " 60% of the time it works. 80% of the time it doesn't. " BRIAN FM

R93
    Just fitted this one to my lux. 35w. Not sure on the brand as it come with the nudge bar.

Holy snapping duckshit it is bright!!!! I will never run spots again. Has to be almost illegal 😆

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    GWH likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Just fitted this one to my lux. 35w. Not sure on the brand as it come with the nudge bar.

Holy snapping duckshit it is bright!!!! I will never run spots again. Has to be almost illegal ��

SURE ITS ONLY 35w? most of the led's used for this are 5-10 (or more) per individual led. theres 12 in that row so that would only be 3w each. still be good light but ive never seen one so low powered (and i repair quite a few of them)
    Pengy likes this.

R93
    60 WATT LED LIGHT BAR - 516 X 56 X 58MM.

So you're quite right mate.😆

Oh and yes they will/may fail wof. Mine did but it managed to go back on after the sticker was applied lol

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    R93 likes this.
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

northdude
    just mount the bar so it can be taken off at wof time the guy that does our wofs said he wouldntgive me a wof if its on there when he does the inspection and hes pretty easy going he said the thing is the arent focusable like a headlight beam is the other way i think he was meaning to get past it was to have it wired as a running light so it goes when the headlights arent on which isnt much use to me mine goes onhigh beam only as thats when i want lots of light

R93
    So will mine in that case.
    Way easier to fit and wire up than halogens as well.

Jobs done,took me longer to find the hand piece(why was it in the boat)only for off-road useName:  image.jpg
Views: 1467
Size:  719.5 KB
    veitnamcam and Pengy like this.
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out

Looking at putting mine on the roof rack with a heavy duty plug. Roof rack comes off for "on road use". (Read WOF time) and goes on when i intend using it off road.