Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

Like Tree2256Likes

Thread: Lets See The Transport havn a Oops moment

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Whoops

Mt Greenland?
    buell984 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PillowDribbler View Post
    Ohau overbridge.Attachment 126651
    Car on trucks side of the road. Like all drivers I know, they’ll put the truck in the grass to avoid, rather than to injure the other party.
    Name:  0F9EE171-A8B3-46FF-8565-5F7F5725619C.jpeg
Views: 483
Size:  377.0 KB
    Last edited by oraki; 22-12-2019 at 06:28 PM.
    Farmers Feed The World..
    The Only Thing Not Delivered By Truck Are Babies...

Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    Saw this one this week, had to have a (sympathetic) laugh at the bloke finding what looked to be the only wet patch in a rather large paddock.

Attachment 123638
    Attachment 123639
    Attachment 123640
    Attachment 123641
    worked ground can be VERY deceptive,the crust dries out and looks just like the rest of paddock.....50 quid to knob of goat shit there was a waterline hit by first guy/last guy through the field......slowly leaking but not hitting surface,water pooling in bottom of plough ruts just waiting for something blue to get stuck in the goo. if you look at first photo there is a distinct lighter line across whole field very close to where he has come a cropper.....filled in waterline.... why waterlines SHOULD go along fencelines and troughs be on sides of paddocks......wet spots from leaky troughs are a pain in my arse.

when Ive had truck stuck in deep like that ,the lads bring the big JCB silage stack loader out...hook chain up to its front end loader..reverse till chain is tight,apply brakes and lift,truck slides up out of goo and can then be pulled out.
    another funny thing we learned is the sharper we an pull out on angle the better..45ish degrees works best,with a truck towing another,the trucks seem to pivot on one back wheel and as the other 3 pop out onto fresh ground we are away laughing...feels really unnerving as she seesaws out on the rubber coated blacksnake tow strop,like a wild horse rearing up.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ROKTOY View Post
    Mt Greenland?
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    worked ground can be VERY deceptive,the crust dries out and looks just like the rest of paddock.....50 quid to knob of goat shit there was a waterline hit by first guy/last guy through the field......slowly leaking but not hitting surface,water pooling in bottom of plough ruts just waiting for something blue to get stuck in the goo. if you look at first photo there is a distinct lighter line across whole field very close to where he has come a cropper.....filled in waterline.... why waterlines SHOULD go along fencelines and troughs be on sides of paddocks......wet spots from leaky troughs are a pain in my arse.
    Yip you're onto it, got told later that there was a cut water line. They pulled it out easy enough with a smaller tractor that wasn't in the wet patch.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    Yip you're onto it, got told later that there was a cut water line. They pulled it out easy enough with a smaller tractor that wasn't in the wet patch.
    That one looked like everything had been done right by the operator - didn't keep pissing about trying to get her out and ending up bellied = making the extraction much worse. Time is also your friend, its amazing how you can drive out if you leave it a couple of hours for all the shit in the lugs to dry out (of course that only works when its fine). Had my wee girl stuck a while ago, only 7 tonnes with the post driver on but its quite a bit of weight to dig out. Got the front up with the loader, went home for a coffee and a sulk. Drove it out when I got back. He/she probly could have done the same with the discs unhooked (after several coffees !!)

Name:  81780439_2246030585695769_4303962538065788928_o.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  182.2 KB
    buell984 and Micky Duck like this.

As long as it wasn't my kfc halls truck

Halls trucks used to be a regular feature in the sea around Kaikoura.
    Micky Duck likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Ooops, I thought the caption was on the photo, it was I think between 10:00 & 11:00 today and was;

State Highway 1 near the Ohakahia Stream in the Hundalee is currently blocked due to a container coming off the back of a truck.

Motorists are advised to avoid the area if at all possible or expect delays.

I hope it was that Halls KFC truck I hate KFC
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

By the way how are they fixed on?
    The containers not the chickens
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    By the way how are they fixed on? The containers not the chickens
    Twist locks located around the perimeter which the container is dropped onto and then the handle is twisted to lock down the container. Whilst i was with Tranzrail they proved an ongoing problem on rail wagons but on commercial road trucks, any faults are usually located immediately behind the trucks steering wheel.

Name:  twist locks .jpg
Views: 857
Size:  213.8 KB
    buell984 and Micky Duck like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser308 View Post
    Container? Looks like half the trailer went forward and the other half said no thanks, not this time! See the gear hanging off the crossmembers and the lack of corner castings and twistlocks?
    I agree, though he/she may have knocked it off judging by the front wheel guard damage and where he/she ended up.
    Remember the 7 “P”s; Pryor Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.