Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 99 FirstFirst ... 448081828384858687888990919293949596979899 LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1481
Like Tree2256Likes

Thread: Lets See The Transport havn a Oops moment

Name:  IMG_20221005_101903.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  6.72 MB

I know it's a little windy but one numpty put a sail on his scooter.
    Remember the 7 “P”s; Pryor Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Name:  62096155-3AB3-4A80-9A51-3E4A6C459FF9.jpeg
Views: 360
Size:  580.8 KB
    This one shows the sail a little better, I try to upload it from my phone but the ratio of thumb to screen was to great.
    veitnamcam, Dundee, 308 and 5 others like this.

Two car pile up....but only got one the towie dragged the other away.
    Name:  DSC05492.JPG
Views: 353
Size:  164.7 KB
    Should buff out aye?
    Micky Duck and 2post like this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    Two car pile up....but only got one the towie dragged the other away.
    Attachment 207504
    Should buff out aye?
    It wasn’t much before the crash.
    Dundee likes this.

Name:  612.JPG
Views: 730
Size:  231.4 KBName:  616.JPG
Views: 718
Size:  429.5 KB

Me....phone was ringing....silly move
    Billbob likes this.
    Always In pursuit of my happiness...No matter the costs.

The snow above home was just a bit deeper than I was expecting
    Good thing I always have a small shovel in the back
    Belly plates eventually held the tyres off the shingle road when I hit this drift
    Quite a bit of shovelling later I got just enough traction to skid it out

Name:  20221007_163704.jpg
Views: 778
Size:  1.14 MB

I wish I had evidence of the worst whoopsie I did - I was in one of my old company work utes, just popped up to the tank that supplied the plant area with water and gave the ballcock the obligatory thwack to unstick it as you had to do with that one when the supply stopped...

All good up until that time, but the farm track that I drove up on was on one of about 4 little hillocks - and you sidled around the four before you came to the farm track. And, all good up until I mistook a cattle track for the farm track being a young dumbarse and not looking properly. Now this was about a 40m drop over the side at about an angle of 40deg off vertical with cattle tracks around the side of the hill every meter or so, steep enough that you can't get out of the vehicle and expect it to stay on handbrake but with the odd cattle trail that you need to get a bit of power on to roll over. Real nice stuff, very close to arse end falling over the top of the bonnet Barry Crump level sh1te.

So just to set the scene a bit more, this was a fairly new 05 Courier High Country - first of the push button 4wd systems and suicide door extra cabs with all the bells and whistles for the time. And the boss had just turned up in time to see me roll over the edge of the hill and go Fu...

So there I was, virtually suspended not being able to see the ground below the bonnet line (apart from terra firma 40-odd meters away). I couldn't reverse, couldn't get out, and was rather suddenly less than brave. I think the phrase is "at that moment he knew he f-d up...". But the ute actually handled it brilliantly, careful use of the brakes and only the odd touch of throttle to get over a particularly deep cattle track and 10minutes of driver's seat cushion plucking later and I rolled off the bottom of the drop like a boss.

The boss disappeared as I rolled around the corner, not a word said - ever. I made a point of marking that farm track drop with a hivis post the next day!

Watched a guy go to sleep in front of me on Thursday night, drift across the road and do some full on Dukes of Hazard shit before hitting a tree.
    He was ok(ish), and walked into the ambulance after waking up. A bit bloody, but I was expecting a corpse.
    Quite the advert for airbags.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Good thing you were there probably, I'm assuming you called the fire service and ambo's?

There was a car behind me - I asked her to call while I got the door open and checked the guy.

Had to commandeer a tractor today to pull the Punimog out of a ditch, its a ditch I've driven through a number of times but not recently, I was trying to find a Hare that I'd just spooked so was just crawling along and not really paying attention to the track. Had I have hit it with a bit more power it would have been fine but by the time I had realized what was going on it was too late, beached on the rear diff and very slippery clay that wasn't giving any traction. Once I figured out the controls on the tractor (it's been a long time!) It was all easily sorted. Gonna have to look at portals I guess

Name:  20221011_164507.jpg
Views: 658
Size:  4.53 MB

Name:  20221011_170800.jpg
Views: 654
Size:  4.22 MB

A hand held battery powered winch, or a turfor if time isn't an issue. Portals create more issues than they solve for the one time in a blue moon when they actually help you.

On the factor of not watching where you are going, well on that I have no comment!!!
    Micky Duck likes this.

We lost power with this muppet.
    Name:  DSC05829.JPG
Views: 386
Size:  161.9 KB
    Micky Duck likes this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Quote Originally Posted by No.3 View Post
    A hand held battery powered winch, or a turfor if time isn't an issue. Portals create more issues than they solve for the one time in a blue moon when they actually help you.

On the factor of not watching where you are going, well on that I have no comment!!!
    Whats a portal?
    No.3 likes this.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi