Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Light bar

Here's what I did to my Rano regarding lighting
    To be honest, I wouldn't use another light bar. LED's are too white and show up any dust or moisture in the atmosphere and turn any vision into a whiteout.
    When its dry and clear though, it works well especially over farm tracks and river beds. Also In conjunction with the spotties on gravel roads (so so long as there's no one in front stirring up dust) it really makes it great for a bit of "oversteering action".

Name:  20180217_183925.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  2.35 MB
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

Just a half price cheapie from Supercheap Auto on mine, only put it on a few months ago so time will tell how well it lasts but its good so far. Just used the factory foglight mounts and wiring, I'll see what the mechanic says at WOF time and relay it into high beam then if needed.

Name:  IMG_20181229_120524a.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  471.3 KB

Aliexpress is good, paid under $100 for mine and had it about 5 years now. Had it totally underwater in rivers a number of times and it just keeps going.
    Mine is hooked up as a work light so on a separate switch. Is a similar size to Gravelben's in the above photo

I whacked a good quality one on the front of my quad, it's too bloody bright though. White as hell and reflects horribly off a metal track. Come with a lot gruntier wiring than the factory lights, would imagine it would kill the factory wiring if you run it through the switches on handle bars.

Name:  IMG_1843.JPG
Views: 226
Size:  151.4 KBName:  IMG_1842.JPG
Views: 213
Size:  149.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by possum_shooter View Post
    Aliexpress is good, paid under $100 for mine and had it about 5 years now. Had it totally underwater in rivers a number of times and it just keeps going.
    Mine is hooked up as a work light so on a separate switch. Is a similar size to Gravelben's in the above photo
    Got a link??

Quote Originally Posted by possum_shooter View Post
    Got a link??

These keep popping up on FB, anyone have any experience? Seems like a couple of really good deals like:

https://nz.adventurekings.com/lighti...-included.html

Or

https://nz.adventurekings.com/lighti...-included.html

Can't recall the model of mine but was off AliExpress, really useful having it magnetic and cig plug in (have upgraded that wiring) means it can come off for wof/ change vehicles / move it from on roof for longer distance (downside is blinded with dust or fog in air) or move to the back of vehicle for loading up toys /tools in the dark

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Got a link??
    No sorry just went back through my purchases and it doesn't exist any more but it was Sep 2014 and cost NZ$87. Look at one in Jaycar around the same time and it looked exactly the same but cost $600