Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Mitsubishi Triton?

Mitsubishi Triton?

Looking seriously at a 08 Triton GLS with 112K on the clock. Drives well and has a few nice extras like locking rear diff etc. I gather they are susceptible (as all the new trucks are) to dirty fuel issues.

Anyone got any feedback/ things to check for on these trucks?

Ah diamonds are forever, but expensive! I've just bought a Ranger, but my mate who has a dairy farm is onto his second mitsi and he's had a great run. He's fairly hard on it and covers the miles on and off road
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Is the 08 one the new shape?

yup, the squashed tadpole look!

In that case I think they are crap, we have one at work and I avoid driving it(think it's around 2010), gutless, no grunt, steers weird and all over tinny build, much prefer the rangers but they are more expensive. My own truck is one of the older tritons so it's not that I'm against mistsi, but I think they got it wrong with the new ones

Quote Originally Posted by hillclima View Post
    In that case I think they are crap, we have one at work and I avoid driving it(think it's around 2010), gutless, no grunt, steers weird and all over tinny build, much prefer the rangers but they are more expensive. My own truck is one of the older tritons so it's not that I'm against mistsi, but I think they got it wrong with the new ones
    hmmm wonder if your work got a dud? we have a few dual cabs for work and recon the triton drives comparable to the hilux and navara... leagues ahead of the ford courier :-)

Maybe was a bad batch, but we also have one down south that I think is similar, but each to there own, I think some people like them but not many that I've talked to, and maybe they've fixed them in the last couple years.

nah man, hill clima right. we have had a couple at my work and they don't go the distance. had a brand new one recently which packed a sad. only done 5000 and the clock. the work I do is hard on utes, and my ford has done 320 thousand hard kms.. and still going strong with no problems. the hiluxes are ok now as well. we have a couple of them.

No offence intended but this is sort of a "what gun to buy" type question(Ask many different people and you'll get many different answers), If you feel as though it ticks all the right boxes for you then go for it. We all know at the end of the day they don't make utes like they used to,they all have there pro's and con's. In saying that I've been in an 08 Triton with lockers and it was very impressive

Iv had nothing to do with them but every time I see one side on I think they look like a dog taking a shit

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    Dino and Maca49 like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

how much?
    you maybe aware that you could get a triton for 35k new with a few extras included. maybe not..

so if it was mid -high 20's probably not bad buying.

also if you are looking at a new one don't bother about the 10 year warranty if you live on a gravel road. it pretty much doesn't exist if you drive it on gravel....Pretty shit if you ask me
    Last edited by puku; 07-07-2013 at 09:41 AM.
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone

AB Precision
    Brother has one and loves it. She's chipped an goes very well

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

I know nothing about vehicles or Tritons. But when I suggested I was going to buy a mitsi challenger, I got nothing but derision. I bought it anyway, and its been great. Does everything I want including about 20% off road.

Triton, Great Wall, Toyota. Whatever. Modern technology is great. Get what you wanna get.

One good thing about my mitsi, it hasn't been stopped by the cops for being 10k over its diesel tax. Maybe they are immune?

cheers guys, so should I get a 308, 270, 6.5x55 or 243 to go with it?.... ;-)

Its kinda reassuring to get a mix of option rather than purely negative feedback, makes me think that they are prob ok if i like how it drives!! Realistically it will only spend 15-20% offroad and most of that being farm tracks,forestry etc. So doesn't need to be old school hilux tough but does need to be reliable for +100k kms.

So no one has any specific issues they have experienced with the triton I should be aware of?

Vehicle Mechanics would be the one's to ring around and ask, the non dealership type would probably give the best non-biased opinions/facts