Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By Flyblown
  • 3 Post By Flyblown
  • 1 Post By No.3

Thread: Neat story… Pajero

Neat story… Pajero

Just...say...the...word

long constant highish speeds with no on/off/long idling

If you average 65Km/H, it's only about 15,300 hours of run time. At 15,000 Km service interval for modern vehicles, that's around 225 hours just as a comparison...

In my experience of very high mileage vehicles, if a set of wheel bearings and shock absorbers are really the only wear and tear items that have been replaced by 1,061,000km, that’s remarkable. There’s lots of stories of this kind of thing on YouTube but it’s very rare to come across one that has had so little component replacement work done.
    Sika stag, mawzer308 and 40mm like this.
    Just...say...the...word

Quote Originally Posted by Flyblown View Post
    In my experience of very high mileage vehicles, if a set of wheel bearings and shock absorbers are really the only wear and tear items that have been replaced by 1,061,000km, that’s remarkable. There’s lots of stories of this kind of thing on YouTube but it’s very rare to come across one that has had so little component replacement work done.
    I'd tend to agree. My Ranger, 134,000Km's - replace the powertrain control module, throttle body, fuel pressure modulation valve, one towbar extension, set of rear shocks and leaf springs and front struts, 4 in-tank sender pump units, one steering rack, numerous in dash actuators, a window regulator, and still to be done (as far as we know) a fuel pressure sensor and two lower ball joints. That's just trying to keep the f**ker on the road... I'd suggest that it is far cheaper to keep this one going than replace it though, average fuel consumption on this one (a 3.2L manual) is 8.0L/100Km where the mates auto in similar useage averages 13.5L/100Km. Over 100,000Km that's almost $12,000 more fuel burnt at today's pump price ($2.17/liter). All I can say is "Built Ford Tough".
    paremata likes this.

Cole
    Quote Originally Posted by No.3 View Post
    All I can say is "Built Ford Tough".
    Real fords are/were only built in Australia and the USA 😂

Ha. Dirty secret, a couple of bits are second hand out of a Mazda. I figure they can't go worse...

Surprised on the 3.2
    The egr can block up the intake and screw the engine if it gets blocked bad enough.
    Extremely regular servicing, good taxi type running, and not have the shit thrashed out-of it certainly doesn't hurt

Yeah, advice I've been given for mine is delete the EGR, drop the DPF and after chasing down every sensor that the failed control module's output voltage regulator took out the theory is it should run fine. It's an absolute bugger chasing things down though, a LOT of datalogging and looking and performance readings on the OBDII device checking everything as some of the sensors aren't showing faulty until we see the gauge line doing something weird... Getting very tedious that for sure. The 4 in tank senders and everything electronic is related to the PCM output regulator crapping itself - it's had this fault for a long time with very erratic electronic performance and only in the last year has it got to the point where the fault is reliable enough that we could chase it down.

I miss the earlier non-ECU diesels, that pajero has done something that rangers and BT50's never will!