Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: New tyres

Re: New tyres

One would be incorrect in thinking a 8 ply rated tyre has 8 ply's of anything
    A 8 ply rated tyre certainly doesn't have two and a half times more belts or ply's or layers or the like over a 2 or three ply
    A lot of a/t and m/t type tyres list having two ply's of steel and one of polyester, rayon or similar or vice versa.
    A given ply rating has very little meaning in the true sense of a tyres ability to carry load
    That will be determined by a tyres load rating
    Generally the higher a tyres load rating the firmer the sidewalls would be, but not always
    Different tyre manufacturers will put sidewall stiffeners and cosmetic rubber on the wall to enhance a tyres durability
    Ply RATING is old dated talk and has little relevance in today's modern tyres
    It is used as an INDICATION of a tyres construction, not an overall definitive ingredient list

Hopefully helping?

Using TT2 on my mobele

Hahaha gud onya bung ,i really dont give a fuck about old dated ply ratings our lack of it ,i really didn't imply the belts stiffen the walls just be logical that extra ply beefier tyre all round so why wouldnt ya stiiffen the wall , my cruiser pulls and carries a load and a heavy one at that ,the tyre man says he has put on 8 ply's that's good enough for me so 8 ply they are , my Toyo is well in to its second set of tyres in 79000 ks ,So back to the Hankook's before i had these fitted the vehicle would get pushed all over the show time to time just flexing on the tyres and starting load sway ,piss ya rite off - 8 ply Hankooks for me are the best thing since sliced cheese,the walls are stiff and the case has 8 ply stamped on the side they stick like shit ive had them on for 25000 k and the dont look like they done 5 so yip im a happy camper..The tech-o shit i leave up to my tyre supplier .
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt !!

Oh wow
    Your obviously a good God damn expert
    Fuck peace out dude
    May you and your THREE THOUSAND ply hankooks have extended portions of happiness

Using TT2 on my mobele

Quote Originally Posted by 40bung View Post
    Oh wow
    Your obviously a good God damn expert
    Fuck peace out dude
    May you and your THREE THOUSAND ply hankooks have extended portions of happiness

Using TT2 on my mobele
    Fuckin wanker ! this is what a load looks like on a cruiser ya fuckin no all... im no expert i pay cunts to be .Name:  033.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  202.2 KB
    distant stalker and Happy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NZHTR View Post
    Fuckin wanker ! this is what a load looks like on a cruiser ya fuckin no all... im no expert i pay cunts to be .Attachment 3773
    That's the problem with tyre know it all nothing mother fuckers like you
    Some one points out I slight misunderstanding in your line of belief and you go getting all defensive like a little school boy going off in a unrelated tangent.
    I couldn't care what fucking load you put on your 4wd or some trailer, never did
    Can't even be bothered typing anymore reply to your jumped up response
    Chill the fuck out, your tyres obviously get you all wound up

Using TT2 on my mobele

Back at you Burt ^ ,and most the time im sure your quite capable ,keep up the good work ..

Internet keyboard warrior much?

Ok i sincerely apologize to you 40Bung and any one else offended by my post ,the first of my posts is a none experts opinion of what is based my own tried experiences with a brand of tyre that is working for me ,the 8 P R i mentioned was quoted to me by the tyre people ,i just reused it in my first post - ive never bothered to verify it may be i should have . Any one looking for a 4x4 tyre capable of towing the boat or race commercial trailer or what ever with a 4x4 the tyre ive mentioned is worth a look at .. Ill upload the spec's straight off the tyre..

Cheer's
    Name:  tyre 004.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  98.4 KB
    jakewire likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NZHTR View Post
    Hankook Dyna Pro AT-M 8 ply is what im using on my 70 series V8 diesel there about 70% on road an 30 off ,there stable as and supper sticky on all road conditions although a little bumper then 3 ply ,the up side with the tyre is grippy and the case walls are stable when its loaded or driven hard in the windy or undulating ,being more road orientated tread and having the ability to select difflock to the front -rear or all wheels makes up for the tighter pattern in the mud and the cruiser torque it will idle through most stuations ,the wifes Navara has coopers there good when new but fukin dangerous in the wet by the time there half warn . Hankook Dyna Pro 3ply's will go on that shortly .
    I had a set of 8pr Hankook AT's on my Nissan too. Very good wear, I had 5.5mm average left after 95,000km. They could handle a load fairly well.

1 toy, 2 BBQs, 2 big canvas tents, 6 BMX bikes, 2 cookers, 5 people and bags, 4 9kg gas cylinders, tools, helmets, ...
    NZHTR likes this.

Currently running 32" Nankang Mudstars as I do more off road work nowadays with picking up this hunting/shooting lark. Seem to be down around 2-3mm after 25,000km. Yes I do drive like a nanna. I'm just glad I have a wiper on the rear window as that seems to pick up more bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Had to get new set of tyres for my last warrant ,was running 3 slicks with bolges .Coopers here had a deal going on the Maxis Mudders, knocked down from $300+gst to $240 .Seem OK so far hope I've made the right choice ,looked like a good deal & cheaper than Firestones equivalent by $20 per.
    My maxis have now done over 60 k been on land rover jeep and now hi lux noisy a little but man do they perform in the mud need to rev to clear them out bellied in mud select reverse and idle out in a discovery was pretty impressive You'll be happy with them

Not just an internet expert... The Claw's Avatar
    I almost put Cooper ATS on my new truck (17" rims so $'s...) but got a deal to swap the new OEM tyres for Goodyear Wrangler AT/SA's for $40 a tyre. So far I have 16,000 km on them and have been very happy with them. Very quiet on the road and seem to have pretty decent off road grip although haven't done any serious mudslinging with them, and auto and traction control help a bit as well...
    If it's not a first round hit you need to practice more

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    Ok it's nearly time. mine are almost done there is another slash with a stone stuck in there under the tread., the BF At's have done 50k and a few hundred, hoped for a little more than that.

so it'll be another set of BFgoodrich at's
    Bfgoodrich MT Km
    or cooper stt
    probably one of the BF choices.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

get the BFG MT's, they look the coolest.

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    they look the coolest.
    yeah right, and that will help, though it probably wouldn't be the worst choice
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?