Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Road User Charges

Quote Originally Posted by Snap 4T View Post
    I think they limit your purchase (according to your usage) and if you bought too much,
    you will need to surrender your RUC license and get a refund.
    Don't know how it actually works but I know to getting a refund from LTNZ will take months. (8 months in my case)

https://www.nzta.govt.nz/vehicles/ro...uction-scheme/
    that would be a first. A govt agency that doesn't want you voluntarily giving them lots of money

Diesel at Papamoa yesterday $1.55 p/l. At the Waitomo

Received an email from LTSA about the price of RUC going up at the end of the month and if I had any left I would have to pay the new price.
    That's not a scam. It was the same the last time it went back up but I don't know how hard they go about chasing it down.

Winston Peters did the same thing in the late 90s. Raised the prices but also made the retro active. Walker move. I reasoned that how would they police it.
    They didn't ask and I didn't pay.
    I'll be fair though I never bought shit tons at one time

Quote Originally Posted by PeteD View Post
    Received an email from LTSA about the price of RUC going up at the end of the month and if I had any left I would have to pay the new price.
    That's not a scam. It was the same the last time it went back up but I don't know how hard they go about chasing it down.
    I don’t know how that works we all buy our road users in advance, so every diesel in the country should have unused road users left over
    stingray likes this.

They can shove that up their arse. I buy my RUC well in advance, min. of 10k at a time. I’ve never believed in paying extra charges retrospectively, sod that!
    BFA likes this.

When they dropped the price during the covid era there was zero refund on unused purchased at the higher rate so why would anyone expect to cough up more now, will you have to pay extra for the petrol in the tank when the tax is returned to their normal rate, I say not.
    Ned, 20 Bore and turtleSO like this.

It’s a sale and purchase agreement , they said your miles are at $$$ price , you purchased them! That’s a contract.

Putting in a tick box saying you won’t buy to many is redundant!

There is no way on earth they can go back on the agreed price for the agreed miles…same as the fuel price drop…oh don’t buy extra fuel at 25 cents off and store it, because when we put the price up it’s worth more …what a rubbish argument.
    kukuwai likes this.
    Nil durum volenti !!

It’s just a threat, to stop you buying too many before it goes back up. The fear factor that these guys are good at
    tetawa, BSA and XR500 like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Mine are lost in post somewhere due to moving house at the same time, possible Wife sent to old address and although a redirection is in place they could take a couple more weeks to arrive, luckily not totally out.
    Happy Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post
    When they dropped the price during the covid era there was zero refund on unused purchased at the higher rate so why would anyone expect to cough up more now, will you have to pay extra for the petrol in the tank when the tax is returned to their normal rate, I say not.
    That is a very good point

BSA
    If you have an overhang of RUCs on the 1st July go and buy 1000km at the new price which automatically records your existing kms as used. Done.
    Snowgrass, stingray and Snap 4T like this.

Just got an Email from the canoe club. Seems they intend getting snarky about RUCs this time around. Will see how it all plays out.

Canoe club, I'll add that one to my list of aliases 😁
    tetawa and rugerman like this.

Waay back when that name was first invented for the NZTA, if you put it into Google Translate...that's what it came back with. Google may have had its database refined by now...but back then that's what it came up with.