Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Setting up a quad for hunting

Last edited by Tahr; 22-07-2016 at 06:03 PM.
    Ryan_Songhurst likes this.

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    Its stop your arse burning in the summer time.Also protection from dog paws which is the worst cause for ripped canvas seat covers.
    Yeah but it looks like it plucks the hares out of your arse........ ha ha ha ha
    Dundee likes this.

If your not fast your last Shootm's Avatar
    Here's mine. A set of LED's make a big difference.

Name:  20160722_163628.jpg
Views: 1095
Size:  937.7 KB
    Name:  20150809_090331.jpg
Views: 1076
Size:  594.4 KB

I Have Sexdaily. I mean Dyslexia! Fcuk!

Quote Originally Posted by Shootm View Post
    Here's mine. A set of LED's make a big difference.

Attachment 52564
    Attachment 52565

Are the racks mounted to the lid of the box? I would like to keep the box on the front as it will be handy hunting or not so that could be a goer, and still leave a bit of room for tying stuff on if I move the box as far back as possible

Get an extra muffler fitted across the back. Makes a big difference. I use a wire strainer and long chain for a winch.
    Shootm and Tahr like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Get an extra muffler fitted across the back. Makes a big difference. I use a wire strainer and long chain for a winch.
    yes that's a good idea, the bike is pretty quiet as far as quads go but would be nice to get it reeeeeally quiet, without having some big redneck contraption stuck on the back of it though!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Are the racks mounted to the lid of the box? I would like to keep the box on the front as it will be handy hunting or not so that could be a goer, and still leave a bit of room for tying stuff on if I move the box as far back as possible
    Yep. I just put a plate on the inside.

This is what Brian is talking about.

Name:  20160722_191224.jpg
Views: 957
Size:  265.5 KB
    Tahr, shaka, gadgetman and 3 others like this.

I have a light force spotlight that can be plugged into the Cdax connection also.
    Name:  picture 5657.jpg
Views: 819
Size:  162.6 KB
    Ryan_Songhurst likes this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

I have a couple of rifle racks on the front. I'll be removing them during lambing season when not much happens on stations for hunting, and fitting a better method of holding a fisho bin, and the rifles. On the rear I have a pair of Rotopax removable tanks, that give me an extra 15L of petrol. If I'm riding the bike into a station hut for a weekends hunting esp a wallaby weekend, it gives me plenty of cover in case I run out of petrol. Good enough for 3-4 days on the roos.

I fitted 2x 18w flood lights into the low beam circuit, 2x 18w spots for the high beam.

Name:  2015-08-22 17.40.55.jpg
Views: 888
Size:  603.1 KB
    Name:  P1000557a.jpg
Views: 971
Size:  549.7 KB

Added heated grips from Aliexpress too
    Last edited by scottrods; 22-07-2016 at 10:52 PM.
    Beaker and Ryan_Songhurst like this.

@scottrods where do you get those slim fuel totes from? They look pretty neat, seen quite a few bikes on American forums set up with them. Like the idea of spots wired into full beam and floods wired into low also. Went over the whole bike today and tucked and cable tied all wiring as much as possible, we do this to the farm bikes also as always end up with something not working due to a wire snagging on something. Also rewired the cooling fan so that it still works on the temp sender but can be turned on manually in case of a failure in temp switch (it happens) have ordered a winch and waiting on it to arrive, noticed the bike actually has factory mounting plates in the front so will probably just end up front mounting it. My knee is healing up fast so hopefully bike doesn't stay this clean for too long!
    Name:  IMG_20160722_204127.jpg
Views: 939
Size:  673.4 KB
    veitnamcam likes this.

that bike needs some protection......bars?
    madmaori and Smoking Joe like this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Got em dundee just in bubblewrap on the back of my truck still! Maybe tomorrows job
    Dundee and BRADS like this.

They are called Rotopax. I bought them on ebay when the Kiwi was strong on the USD. You can buy seconds with only cosmetic issues. I bought the brackets and spin-lock system too. Not cheap but very well made and good for the purpose.

I bought the bike as a project, stripped it down with @cambo and wirebrushed and painted the whole thing back up. For a bike that cost me $500 to buy and turned over with new fuel, I've spend $2000 doing it up. Needed new transfer case, new bearings all round, front CV joints, middle drive shaft, new swing arm boot, new wet and dry clutch, and nearly completely re-wired and new tires. Won't buy a yamaha again, hard to get parts for. Honda the way to go. But at least I know it off by heart. The brakes aren't the best on these old yams either. Getting brake fade on a hilly station descent is pretty scary, but at least it has a low ratio box.

Quote Originally Posted by scottrods View Post
    They are called Rotopax. I bought them on ebay when the Kiwi was strong on the USD. You can buy seconds with only cosmetic issues. I bought the brackets and spin-lock system too. Not cheap but very well made and good for the purpose.

I bought the bike as a project, stripped it down with @cambo and wirebrushed and painted the whole thing back up. For a bike that cost me $500 to buy and turned over with new fuel, I've spend $2000 doing it up. Needed new transfer case, new bearings all round, front CV joints, middle drive shaft, new swing arm boot, new wet and dry clutch, and nearly completely re-wired and new tires. Won't buy a yamaha again, hard to get parts for. Honda the way to go. But at least I know it off by heart. The brakes aren't the best on these old yams either. Getting brake fade on a hilly station descent is pretty scary, but at least it has a low ratio box.
    Yea we had Yamahas here on the farm last few years, now that they are out of warranty we are replacing them, both have had quite a few gearbox problems (auto/cvt) and both have dropped a valve inside the warranty period, and one had a real major meltdown the actual cylinder cracked and it lunched itself, first one went last year and was replaced with a kingquad like Dundees bike and its been brilliant so far, second Yamaha is still in service but only used by the calf rearers to potter around in the yard moving trailers etc,