Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree307Likes

Thread: Show us ya tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Not to derail the thread but I've got a bit of an interest in tractors. What's the dominant tractor brand in this country?
    @Ryan John Deere is probably the biggest seller as they make a tonne of different models and specifications to suit a wide variety of uses and customer preferences, John Deere do command a premium due to the name but they are very good to deal with, they build tough gear, and listen to their customers, I find the interiors of their Cab tractors to seem a little old fashioned (look at a John deere from 1995 and the equivalent current model and the interiors are remarkably similar, albeit with subtle changes and added technology) . They would be followed closely by Case (International) who also now build all the New Holland tractors,many very similar or exactly the same as various case models (only blue)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    @Ryan John Deere is probably the biggest seller as they make a tonne of different models and specifications to suit a wide variety of uses and customer preferences, John Deere do command a premium due to the name but they are very good to deal with, they build tough gear, and listen to their customers, I find the interiors of their Cab tractors to seem a little old fashioned (look at a John deere from 1995 and the equivalent current model and the interiors are remarkably similar, albeit with subtle changes and added technology) . They would be followed closely by Case (International) who also now build all the New Holland tractors,many very similar or exactly the same as various case models (only blue)
    Cheers. When the picture of the JD was posted I started reminiscing about my childhood and visiting my cousins out in the Western Transvaal - gold mining and farming country (they were the former) and got to spend a fair amount of time on farms there and eventually went to boarding school there. So ja, tractors have always been my kind of "guilty pleasure" and so went wandering through the tractor geek forest on wikipedia.

John Deere, based solely on the wiki article seems to have a huge domestic (USA) and international base.

It's interesting as I've posed a similar question on South African forums that I frequent and I'm still waiting to see all the results - particularly keen to see what the "mega farmers" use.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Cheers. When the picture of the JD was posted I started reminiscing about my childhood and visiting my cousins out in the Western Transvaal - gold mining and farming country (they were the former) and got to spend a fair amount of time on farms there and eventually went to boarding school there. So ja, tractors have always been my kind of "guilty pleasure" and so went wandering through the tractor geek forest on wikipedia.

John Deere, based solely on the wiki article seems to have a huge domestic (USA) and international base.

It's interesting as I've posed a similar question on South African forums that I frequent and I'm still waiting to see all the results - particularly keen to see what the "mega farmers" use.
    You will find they use 'John Moose' on the mega farms Ryan
    Last edited by Gibo; 06-07-2017 at 07:54 PM.
    gadgetman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rambo rem700 View Post
    Harley davidson 😀

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Wish I could like this more than once.
    veitnamcam and timattalon like this.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

I like the green ones.
    Name:  IMG_20161205_151934.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  1.04 MB
    Dreamer and Ryan_Songhurst like this.

The farm I worked for had 18 JD from 90-360ish HP, 3 Fords and a couple of Fergies.
    We wanted to get a couple of Fendts, but they were so different to drive. Anyone could jump into any JD, and get straight into work.
    Not sure if they were the best, but we got the best service from the dealers. If one stopped, I'd make a phonecall, and there'd be a man there within 1/2 hr, or a replacement tractor would turn up.
    gadgetman likes this.

Name:  DSC06356.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  1.16 MBName:  DSC06360.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  978.0 KB

here is our hi/lo hiace/hilux at mill flat camp ground near blenheim over the xmas break. we were the only people there! awesome spot. the van is due for a lift, and maybe some diff lockers too... have a heat exchanger set up for hot showers, as much steaming hot water as you want! also got the usual gas fridge, 150L chilli bin for the booze, 50kg rottweiler, inverter, house battery, 70L water tank for cooking and drinking, self contained shovel for digging environmentally friendly toilets (when and where necessary), compressor, chainsaw, kitchen sink, couch, hot tub, curling iron, concrete mixer etc etc.... (kitchen sink, couch, hot tub, curling iron, concrete mixer optional extras) just need to work on the mobile gun safe next...
    Use enough gun

northdude
    Name:  IMG_20161022_151850.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  746.2 KBName:  !cid__yPgjuYwpSv_.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  54.7 KB
    it was shiney when I first got it now its more matt and dented

Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    I like the green ones.
    Attachment 71717
    Got the stealth option? ie turn off the strobe on the lid and no-one can see you.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    You're both dumb. You need cabs. And blue ones are best.
    Im too poor for this cab business, plus jobs get done with a lot less mucking around when you dont have creature comforts...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Woldwide by volume maybe Mahindra. Worldwide by value probably JD. Don't know about NZ but there is a lot of green around. All the local growers seem to run JD.

"Mahindra*Tractors is an international farm equipment manufacturer of*Mahindra & Mahindra. In 2010,*Mahindra*became the world's highest-selling tractor brand by volume. Mahindra's largest consumer base is in India, China, North America, and a growing market in Australia."

5 years ago when I was looking to buy a small brand new tractor for our block I did the rounds of all the available brands. At the local JD dealership I explained my cash budget and HP requirement. The sales manager immediately took me to a tractor 15 HP bigger than what I wanted/needed. Don't worry about the extra cost he said, we can assist with JD finance. Shees, worst than a car shark. I can also see where the "dear" is derved from in their name.

Bought a Kubota.
    Shearer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by South African correspondent
    One of the megafarmers in our district uses three John Deere tractors. Fact is that he does 24 rows at a time with Horsch planters and plants a total of 90 hectares per hour. A neighbour saw the dust clouds forming where the big ones started, did his day's work and then drove to his megafarmer neighbour to see them up close but they were gone already with 900 hectares done for the day.
    Trying to compare brands in NZ with those in SA purely out of interest and it seems the most popular in SA are:

John Deere
    Massey Ferguson
    Landini
    New-Holland
    Case International

but with some Indian and Chinese under brand names Ursus and Farmtrac. And here we have a South African manufactured tractor:

Agrico 4+ Tractors

Not sure how it compares with others on the market as I know sweet f-a about tractors!

Dont want to end up too far off course here but heres a couple more tractor photos, this is the contractor turning up to plant Sorghum on our place in Uruguay... He came prepared!
    Name:  FB_IMG_1499374606224.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  32.1 KB
    Name:  FB_IMG_1499374591464.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  34.8 KB

Not mine, but when I win Lotto.......
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  875.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by oraki View Post
    Not mine, but when I win Lotto.......
    Attachment 71746
    Owner of the farm I am on is looking at a side by side but can't decide on what brand. No Polaris agents anywhere near us at the moment.