Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Suzuki escudo help

i'd go for an adapted bike rack on the towbar, can always run a rope through the back door and tye it off to something inside the car if its too heavy. is the spare tyre really that small? i know you can get mounts for hi-lift jacks etc that fit through the existing wheel nuts on the mount could you weld something up there?

A couple of thoughts:
    1. With deer and goats, bone the meat out in the field and bring it home in bags. Way easier and shit loads less weight to carry out. An average red hind fully boned is around the 25kg mark plus/minus 5kg. Why carry all the bone and hid just to throw it away?
    2. Why are you looking at the back of the truck? Anything at the rear of the truck will impede your access to the back door. Put a decent bull bar on the front and hang the animal off the front. Set up some rigging points on the bar and use your pigging strings to tie them up, (or put a couple of outriggers on to sit the animal on). Used to do this on the old series LR. Increases the bragging factor as well and you get to see the surprised looks on their faces as you go past (not sure if that was the dead animal on the front of the fact that they were being overtaken by a LR ....?)
    3. Be careful is you are worried about your paint finish. Blood is quite corrosive and will etch your paint job, therefore the likes of a rook rack is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by hotbarrels View Post
    A couple of thoughts:
    1. With deer and goats, bone the meat out in the field and bring it home in bags. Way easier and shit loads less weight to carry out. An average red hind fully boned is around the 25kg mark plus/minus 5kg. Why carry all the bone and hid just to throw it away?
    2. Why are you looking at the back of the truck? Anything at the rear of the truck will impede your access to the back door. Put a decent bull bar on the front and hang the animal off the front. Set up some rigging points on the bar and use your pigging strings to tie them up, (or put a couple of outriggers on to sit the animal on). Used to do this on the old series LR. Increases the bragging factor as well and you get to see the surprised looks on their faces as you go past (not sure if that was the dead animal on the front of the fact that they were being overtaken by a LR ....?)
    3. Be careful is you are worried about your paint finish. Blood is quite corrosive and will etch your paint job, therefore the likes of a rook rack is a problem.

Really good suggestion there. Even just putting the bag legs in bins and the meat in buckets....

I carry 6 heavy duty plastic bags of approx 400x500 and can fit a hind fully boned into 4 bags and have room to tie a knot in the top. Keeps the inside of my pack clean and the meat goes straight into the fridge unopened until it needs processing. These are extra heavy weight and are hard to puncher.

Some very good points I'd definitely give the bull bar thing a try only problem is I seem to have a dud model and can't find a bull bar that for my year escudo but in saying that I don't know a hell of a lot about them might also look at the bike rack idea and boning is and good idea but love have whole carcasses for dog tucker!

I have a Suzuki jimny with a dog box in the back I managed to get a full grown red hind on top off it just tied it up and slid it in no worries