Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Thinking about a D5 Delica...

Ive had a 2007 model and loved it, used it exactly the way you intend to. i had to sell it as the wife felt like a soccer mum driving it..

i Put a set of dobisions springs in mine and some semi decent all terrains and it was perfect, there are a heap of them showing up down here in Wanaka now as family transport ski wagons. I have 4 friends with them who use them to cart mountain bikes around and sleep in the back and they are ideal. You will be suprised how far you can 4x4 in them...

Can be a little thirsty at times when loaded
    Shadowsol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by spnz View Post
    Ive had a 2007 model and loved it, used it exactly the way you intend to. i had to sell it as the wife felt like a soccer mum driving it..

i Put a set of dobisions springs in mine and some semi decent all terrains and it was perfect, there are a heap of them showing up down here in Wanaka now as family transport ski wagons. I have 4 friends with them who use them to cart mountain bikes around and sleep in the back and they are ideal. You will be suprised how far you can 4x4 in them...

Can be a little thirsty at times when loaded
    Hey was that the dobinsons spring set from trundles?

https://trundlesautomotive.co.nz/pro...ca-d-5-2007-on

Did you have to do anything else or was it just a straight swap for the oem springs?

Be cautious about buying an older cvt. My sister's one just refused to go into reverse one day. Six grand later...

Yup just the straight springs from dobi.. didnt too anything else. Just had a wheel aliment after..
    Shadowsol likes this.

Did you change the shocks and springs? Thinking of one of these myself. Thanks

I just changed the springs to dobi ones.. My shocks were sweet at the time. I did it more to stiffen up the ride and stop it rolling around corners and feeling like a golf cart, also would put a big bike rack on the back and carry 6 mountain bike so the springs helped with the extra weight.
    trooper90 likes this.