Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Thought on Nissan x trail

Ned
    If anyone is still looking at this for xtrail (old). Ours is 2004, 2.4L auto. Nearly at 300km now (just cursed myself).
    Only issues so far, transfer case shit itself and replaced. Most likely my wife ignored my explaining how 4WD works and she's used full lock on the road a few times. She's reached for the button a couple of times when I've been driving up Ruapehu for skiing.

Secondly, sensor failure on the crankshaft. Now this one was scary. Luckily in town, but the computer which is obviously more clever than us immediately cuts the engine (it wasn't a catastrophic failure either, just a sensor warning). Just brilliant when you are halfway through a roundabout and suddenly having the steering nearly pulled out your hands with no power steering and of course brakes now flaccid. No idea if this kind of computer logic is common across other types of car, or just from this era or what. But thankful it didn't happen out on the open road.

x-trail faults we experienced: anything electric/electronic , was the worst vehicle ever for stupid little faults like window switches, wiper motors etc. but the killer is the damn exhaust manifold develops cracks right next to the o2 sensor.

You guys are scaring the crap out of me. I recently bought a 2014 2.5 petrol with the Xtronic CVT. 93k in like new condition. I did the front disc's and pads straight away, just put a set of Copper ATs on it and at 98k it is booked for a full Nissan Dealer service etc Monday. The old tires got me up and down muddy tracks and over wet paddocks without any trouble but just standard road tires and on last legs rubber wise. Did a economy check from full tank at BP Te Kuiti yesterday to Central Auckland off-ramp exactly 200km. As I hit the off-ramp and stopped at the lights it registered 8.7 L/100km. 95 grade. I cruise around the 100k without pushing, all way down Sth Mway at 105k, no blockages. I bought it because I like the shape of that model better than the 2014 new model, great load space with flat seats, decent motor and, believe it or not, a good rep for reliability. Not so fussed on the CVT or lack of low ratio.However, a Landrover it is not. It is a very comfortable ride and well appointed. Maybe I'll change my mind after Monday..

nissan plus jatco cvt is pure evil, get rid of it asap. seriously they are pure crap

I used to own nissan x-trail several years ago. Quite a good car, comfortable, non-expensive. I was totally satisfied all the time. I decided to sell it because I wanted to buy a new car - MB. Anyway I recommend you to check nissan x-trail (2011) manuals http://nissan.manymanuals.com/cars/x-trail-2011 to find more info and some tips about this car before buying.