Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Toyota DPF class action. 2015 - 2020 Hilux, Prado.

Quote Originally Posted by Antlerson View Post
    Lower diesel standards than Europe. We're allowed up to 200mg/kg of water in our diesel. Most filters will catch it in the sediment trap and it's not a problem if drained every service.
    According to the European Committee for Standardization, the maximal acceptable amount of water in diesel for commercialization is 200 mg/L (ppm) (EN 590). Usually, this is determined by Karl Fischer (KF) titration, yet this method requires chemicals and takes about five minutes to perform.

It's 2015 to current, not to 2020. I've just registered my 2022 Fortuner as it has the 1GD-FTV engine. The DPF light comes on every 300-400km. I don't know if that's normal or not, but since the legal action is no cost to me thought I might as well register. Might get some cash.
    https://www.shinelawyers.co.nz/servi...f-class-action

If you purchased a Toyota Hilux, Fortuner or Prado model manufactured from 1 October 2015, you may be eligible for compensation, and are encouraged to register for this action.
    What is the Toyota DPF Action about?
    This action aims to determine whether New Zealand Toyota customers who purchased a Hilux, Fortuner or Prado vehicles with a 1GD-FTV or 2GD-FTV diesel engine deserve to be compensated for losses suffered as a result of defective Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Systems. The effects of a faulty DPF include poor fuel efficiency, offensive-smelling exhaust emissions, excessive white smoke and persistent warning notifications.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    They did my 2017as part of a recall (unknown to me) about 2 years ago when I took it in for its last warranty service.
    Just did it. Didn’t have issues prior
    Apparently it’s about $10k in parts

Seems to be a lot of Australian based talk about 'fixes' in 2020 but the NZ claim seems to be 2015 to current.
    https://www.drive.com.au/caradvice/t...-need-to-know/
    https://www.toyota.com.au/support/dpfinformation
    I'm going to email Shine Lawyers and ask what's up with 2020+ vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    They did my 2017as part of a recall (unknown to me) about 2 years ago when I took it in for its last warranty service.
    Just did it. Didn’t have issues prior
    Apparently it’s about $10k in parts
    Yep, they done mine too.

The lawyers weren't particularly helpful when I asked about vehicles newer than 2020. Here's the reply.

------------

The Toyota motor vehicles impacted by the DPF issues have been identified as the Hilux, Fortuner and Prado ranges fitted with a 1GD-FTV engine or 2GD-FTV engine, which were manufactured from 1 October 2015.

Please feel free to contact our Client Care team - For NZ 0800 140 004 for Australia 1800 325 172 if you have any further questions or require any assistance in registering. Or visit our websites for further information;

For NZ
    https://www.shinelawyers.co.nz/servi...-class-action/
    For Australia
    https://www.shine.com.au/service/cla...f-class-action

Yours faithfully,

Shine Lawyers

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Given that mine was done 2+ uears ago, most likely alludes to everything after that time being factory fitted with the update, hence the 15-20 range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk