Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By 223nut
  • 1 Post By Howa1500
  • 8 Post By bumblefoot

Thread: Two-door utes.....

Two-door utes.....

I've been looking at some second hand utes for hunting and just general running about for farm stuff for the little block of land I have. Have been in the $10k zone but holy; people want top money for petrol crappers with 260k km's on the clock!

But then I thought.... If I get a 2-door ute with no back seat, where do you put your hunting gear? Especially rifles because there's nowhere to lay them flat on the back seat like a car or ute with a back seat. So who uses one for hunting, and where does your rifle go? Thanks

Mount a rack above the back window? Or a lock box bolted to the back wall behind seats
    bumblefoot likes this.

plenty of room behind seat? had 3 rifles behind the seat of 2 different 2 door trucks and I havent had a problem, I wouldnt want to be outting gun cases in plain view in the back of a double cab anyways....
    bumblefoot likes this.

I use my old 96 Pulsar at the moment. And the great thing is that I can lay the rifle on the back seat and put the seat back down to cover and hold it when I go on day hunts. But t's just ticked over 300,000 (very hard!) kilometres and am not sure how long it'll keep ticking over..........

Yeah the old Pulsar has been a work horse. Carried some massive loads of posts, cast iron baths etc. My other work runabout (for when I'm doing story interviews etc) was t-boned a couple of days ago by a car driving straight through a stop sign. It was an older Laser; but it had been my folks so super tidy, low kms and reliable. I can't take the beaten up old Pulsar out for work so am probably going to buy another Pulsar hatch wagon for that job. But want to keep it specifically as a runabout. Weekly trips on rough corrugated gravel backcountry roads isn't good for the "tidy car"!

I may get another 6-months out of the old Pulsar; but it's had a helluva hard life and it's not far away from getting to the "do I spend any more money on it" stage. So have been thinking about a knockabout, reliable ute

Name:  Pulsar 1.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  93.6 KB
    Name:  Pulsar 2.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  98.3 KB
    Name:  Pulsar 4.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  70.2 KB
    Name:  Pulsar 5.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  103.7 KB
    Name:  Pulsar 7.JPG
Views: 253
Size:  499.8 KB

Seems like I may as well look at getting another cheap low mileage Pulsar and maybe put a towbar on it if I decide to get an ATV.....