Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Water in the dash ffs

Water in the dash ffs

Never again will I buy a car with a sunroof.
    I was cleaning the car with my daughter yesterday. The car was parked facing down our drive. She held the hose on the back while I cleaned the roof. Took maybe 3 minutes. When I got to the front I noticed water drops on the inside of the windscreen wtf? I looked in through the side window and there was a waterfall running into the car from the sunroof WTF!!

I quickly shut the hose off and got a bunch of towels. There was about 10cm of water in the front footwell that I had to scoop out by hand.

I dried as much as I could with the many many towels, and put a dehumidifier in the car overnight.

The car runs as it should, and everything seems to work except the dash computer. I wouldn’t be too worried except that’s the speedo.

Really hoping it comes right after a couple of days, if not what are my options? 2009 Suzuki Eacudo

try parking inside and use dehumidifirer on cool or wet days - I would be reluctant to try and speed up drying if you do try then very low heat setting on a blow heater - park out on sunny days - reassess after a week -

a few bags of silica gel left in the car would help too

Front drain tubes blocked? Not uncommon for any sunroof. Options..... Clean out the tubes or if that doesn't help seal it shut with urethane (not silicon) and unplug
    Localman likes this.

Yea sun roofs are gay as fuk. Any car Ive had with one the switch gets disconnected and its left closed. There might be blocked drains for it. They usually run down the front pillars

Park it somewhere it'll get pinched for a ram raid.

I wondered about removing the dash cluster and putting it in the hot water cupboard for a day or two

if you are going to remove the cluster i would be checking all the dash connectors at the same time, water gets into plugs/sockets and doesnt dry out in a hurry. blow them all out with compressed air then a small amount of crc

The drain hoses run behind front kick panel by throttle pedal apparently , common for them to block , must check mine .

Quote Originally Posted by Gamehunter View Post
    Park it somewhere it'll get pinched for a ram raid.
    Careful doing that.
    I did it once when I had a car that was worth more stolen, so I decided to park at a local train station that was well known for thieves. I thought it was great idea, the problem was that I parked on the wrong area of the carpark and the local supermarket clamped my car. Just to make things worse when the guy came to remove the clamp after I paid the fine he said "at least nobody was going to steal it" He was pissing himself laughing when I told him my reason for parking there.

Quote Originally Posted by No good names left View Post
    Careful doing that.
    I did it once when I had a car that was worth more stolen, so I decided to park at a local train station that was well known for thieves. I thought it was great idea, the problem was that I parked on the wrong area of the carpark and the local supermarket clamped my car. Just to make things worse when the guy came to remove the clamp after I paid the fine he said "at least nobody was going to steal it" He was pissing himself laughing when I told him my reason for parking there.
    Now that's a laugh.

bit hard to do with keyless start and immobiliser .

Fill the car with rice.

Failing that,take the seats and carpet out. Then let the car dry naturally if you can. Dashes and gauges are a pain because the condensation gets trapped behind them.
    Last edited by norsk; 09-03-2024 at 07:23 AM.
    outlander likes this.
    "Sixty percent of the time,it works every time"

I wonder if insurance will cover it if I can’t fix it. The key fob has started to play up too. I had to unlock using the key this morning

Quote Originally Posted by Delphus View Post
    I wonder if insurance will cover it if I can’t fix it. The key fob has started to play up too. I had to unlock using the key this morning
    change battery it is just a amplifier for the rfid chip in key , will still start using key turn ign on within 12seconds to turn alarm off .