Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: What tow vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Got-ya View Post
    [/B]

Yes but what does it cost you in servicing costs to maintain that warranty?
    Mate is reporting costs that I don't find to bad for his one (coming from Ranger and Hilux's). We have a couple of Mitsi cars in the family and I don't find the servicing costs for those out of the hunt as well. They are both on the 10/5 warranty scheme.
    Got-ya likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Cummins swapped Nissan patrol. The end.
    How do you fit a 540 between the chassis rails

Quote Originally Posted by Got-ya View Post
    Well, if that's in the mix I know of a young guy who has fitted one of those BMW 3L TD to an 80 series. The torque is off the chart.
    Interested in that, what are the details?????

Quote Originally Posted by No.3 View Post
    bmw m57 great diesel relatively speaking for a modern diesel, my dream is a om606 mercedes in a patrol or cruiser no fancy stuff to let you down
    Mathias likes this.

I tow 3t every day and do about 800-1200 kms a week

We currently use a pX3 Fx4 max bi turbo 2.2 ranger which has given us 66000kms (62000 with the trailer behind it) of trouble free towing, we have had it since new and it hasn’t let us down.

Prior to that we had a 1HDT 80 series Landcruiser and that got us close to the sun with 750,000 odd ( we had it since 281,000)

And that was only replaced as we got the ranger, not because it broke.

As a former line haul driver, I’d tell you to get the newest you can afford BUT

You will not go wrong with a cruiser, although I strongly recommend a diesel/petrol 100 series or 200 series

And don’t underrate or be put off by the 4.5 petrol six cylinder or the v8 cruisers, as usually they are cheaper, faster than the diesels, yeah they can drink, but they tow bloody good and won’t let you down.
    Trout, Carbine and Dorkus like this.

Quote Originally Posted by No.3 View Post
    I don't know that much about as it is a mate's son that has set it up. He has had to design his own ecu to get it to run as the BWM unit does not like working with anything not BMW. I don't know the engine designation sorry but it is that latest straight 6 version which comes in single or twin turbo.
    If you want real specifics send me a PM and I will get the guys phone number or email for you. He is based in Pukekohe. Very cool setup and the power is said to be amazing.

Bmw I love but they like racehorses
    Mercedez workhorses
    Wouldn't touch either for 1000km from repairs as u can do in WA
    Wa is a big country more than 10x times NI and SI. Try finding aparex of a bloke that can fi. A Bmw of merc motor. I lived there. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Billymavs View Post
    I tow 3t every day and do about 800-1200 kms a week

We currently use a pX3 Fx4 max bi turbo 2.2 ranger which has given us 66000kms (62000 with the trailer behind it) of trouble free towing, we have had it since new and it hasn’t let us down.

Prior to that we had a 1HDT 80 series Landcruiser and that got us close to the sun with 750,000 odd ( we had it since 281,000)

And that was only replaced as we got the ranger, not because it broke.

As a former line haul driver, I’d tell you to get the newest you can afford BUT

You will not go wrong with a cruiser, although I strongly recommend a diesel/petrol 100 series or 200 series

And don’t underrate or be put off by the 4.5 petrol six cylinder or the v8 cruisers, as usually they are cheaper, faster than the diesels, yeah they can drink, but they tow bloody good and won’t let you down.
    Bloody good info, cheers. One of the vehicles on the list would be an everest, which I understand has the same engine and running gear as the ranger. I had questioned whether to go for the 2L bi-turbo or the 3L V6 Turbo for towing purposes, so good to hear your bi-turbo ranger does the trick nicely.
    "I heard Jesus did cocaine on a night out. Eyes wide-open, dialated, but he's fine now. And if his father ever finds out, then he'd probably knock his lights out...
    Gets a little messy in heaven "
    - Venbee

Boss has the new V6 ranger as a personal vehicle, and mechanically it seems fine, but fuck me, it’s had more warranty work than I’d personally be comfortable with, mainly regarding wiring and sensors, and it just seems to keep happening.

It’s been back to ford maybe 7 times since he’s had it.

I’m in the pX3 2.2 and that has had NO warranty work or issues since it came off the lot in 2021, nor can I say the boys are nice to it, they still treat it like the cruiser.

Px3 2.2 won’t throw codes when you get it wet or try to belt it, like the V6 does, but from what other ranger/Everest users seem to say is that the 3.2 and 2.2 are okay, but the elec side of the V6 is publicly known to be a bit questionable.
    Dorkus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Billymavs View Post
    Boss has the new V6 ranger as a personal vehicle, and mechanically it seems fine, but fuck me, it’s had more warranty work than I’d personally be comfortable with, mainly regarding wiring and sensors, and it just seems to keep happening.

It’s been back to ford maybe 7 times since he’s had it.

I’m in the pX3 2.2 and that has had NO warranty work or issues since it came off the lot in 2021, nor can I say the boys are nice to it, they still treat it like the cruiser.

Px3 2.2 won’t throw codes when you get it wet or try to belt it, like the V6 does, but from what other ranger/Everest users seem to say is that the 3.2 and 2.2 are okay, but the elec side of the V6 is publicly known to be a bit questionable.
    Like all new vehicles, it takes a year or two to work the bugs out of the things. I would not like to be the first in line to buy any new vehicles...
    Dorkus likes this.