Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree20Likes
  • 8 Post By Ryan_Songhurst
  • 1 Post By mikee
  • 7 Post By ROKTOY
  • 3 Post By Bubble07
  • 1 Post By Bubble07

Thread: Whats this bit called 1993 NJ Pajero

Whats this bit called 1993 NJ Pajero

Noticed a rattle and found that a bush/spacer has shit itself and other side is close to going poo as well.
    I have no Idea what to ask for at the stealership parts desk so anyone shed any light on the proper name for the circled "thing"
    I know ts part of the suspension rear but what??
    Name:  truck 1.JPG
Views: 245
Size:  229.9 KB

Sway Bar Link bushes
    7mmsaum, veitnamcam, mikee and 5 others like this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Sway bar vertical link arm n bushs.Repco should have them,about $100 aftermarket item.
    Last edited by Trout; 07-08-2022 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trout View Post
    Sway bar vertical link arm n bushs.Repco should have them,about $100 aftermarket item.
    Thanks to all who helped.
    Found some in Aussie set of 2 for $50NZ landed.
    LH-RH-Rear-Sway-Bar-Link-Pin-Bush-Kit-for-Mitsubishi-Pajero-NH-NJ-NK-NL-4cyl-2.5L-4D56T-2.6L-4G54-2.8L-4M40-
    I know buy local but........

Just got rear link arm are replaced in patrol last Tuesday,to get wof.The only thing i had to replace for the last yr with 20400ks travelled.Smashed the end on other link river batching.Cost $70.
    Name:  20220807_165718.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  493.8 KB
    Last edited by Trout; 07-08-2022 at 06:57 PM.

https://www.onlineautoparts.com.au/p...8K/ZPN-03031__

I'd suggest replacing the main D bushes underneath there at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by ROKTOY View Post
    https://www.onlineautoparts.com.au/p...8K/ZPN-03031__

I'd suggest replacing the main D bushes underneath there at the same time.
    I know I should but I'm not very mechanical unless its floating machinery and a floating 4x4 is not a good thing!!
    Trout likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    I know I should but I'm not very mechanical unless its floating machinery and a floating 4x4 is not a good thing!!
    The D bushes are 2 bolts each to remove them, bushes have a split in them to remove/refit. I am free for a few hours every now and then if you want a hand.

hey bud, I did my boy's a few months back but i bought the whole link kit with new rods/nuts/washers etc.
    anyway.. just get some crc or something to soak into the threads while you're waiting for the bushes to arrive it'll help when you go to take them off, ours were a bit dry & rusty at the thread.
    I used fencing pliers(vice grips or plumbers pliers will do too) to hold the bolt to stop it rotating while turning the last nut off with a socket, take a closeup pic to remember the washer orientation, they go on 1 way.. around the bush.. '( O )' not ') O ('.
    You can compress the new bushes pretty hard before the nut bottoms out so when you're doing them back up just use your eyes.. if the bush starts do deform that's probably far enough, no need to crush/split them they need a little flex to work nice, you can always tweak them up a notch after a few days as they settle.
    when you refit them, get both sides(left & right) captured before you tighten them up so you're not straining against the sway bar to line the other side up.
    & while you're under there... check the gearbox mount bushes on the cross member. you have to peel the rubber dust flaps to the side to see them, ours were beyond gone & hidden out of sight.
    i thought it'd be a 5 min job but took nearly an hour farting around on the driveway..
    enjoy..
    Last edited by Bubble07; 08-08-2022 at 04:41 PM.
    rugerman, mikee and norsk like this.

oh yeah.. last thing, if i'd used my brain i woulda cracked the first nut, undone it a bit & sprayed the thread wth crc then retightened it & then cracked the nut on the opposite end of the bolt, that way both ends woulda been easier to undo. but being a dumpluck i dived in & undone one end completely then laboured with the fencing pliers to hold the bolt tight while i tried to crack the other nut which hadnt been off for decades. so yeah i wasted some time & effort there... sigh
    rugerman likes this.