Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Forum Hunt - ideas?

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Right now Dean it is the 12th of Never with the venue being out the back of the black stump.
    NZHTR likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Well I cant make it now Talked to the surgeon on the phone today he said I would most likely be on crutch's for 3 months and may never be able to get back in the hills tramping around, my life= ruined. Guess I better just stick to baking.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Well I cant make it now Talked to the surgeon on the phone today he said I would most likely be on crutch's for 3 months and may never be able to get back in the hills tramping around, my life= ruined. Guess I better just stick to baking.
    Toby, I am not a surgeon and you certainly do need to follow their advice but I have an absolute belief in the power of positve thinking and strongly urge you to employ it on yourself. Having a positive mental attitude about the situation that confronts you will be helpful so once you have been through the surgery (and before) think frequently about affirming what it is you want to have occur. I served with a soldier in the 1970's who learned that the sore back that he had for months was actually being caused by wide spread cancer. John spent many months in Auckland Hospital undergoing invasive procedures but the doctors were never hopeful of the outcome and pretty much wrote him off but he eventually walked out of the hospital. I tell you this because this man adopted the attitude that he wasn't going to die just because he had cancer and the doctors said he would. Every day he visualised walking out of the hospital and spending a long and happy life with his family and he did just that. He is still alive today and doing all of the things that he enjoyed prior to this occurring.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!

Toby hold your head up mate.
    2010 while racing the national enduro champs I hit a tree.....
    Shoulder blown apart, 21 screws no movement..... They said your not going to ride again, you sure not going to shoot big guns again....
    I don't race but still ride, Kiwi Gregs brakes I can shoot any thing, even had A 50bmg.
    They don't always get it right, you have age and fitness on your side

Yeah your right having a good out look is best. When going through chemo I met this guy who had throat cancer, Every morning he played his guitar and sang for the ward, But he couldn't eat solid foods very well like toast and shit got stuck. He was always happy and never seemed to be down. There has only been a few days where I decided my life's shit and I felt like crap but now its just nothing. Mind over matter I reckon, must admit though the surgeon telling me I probably wont be hunting again made me a bit angry but I dont get what he means when he said "you should be able to walk and ride a bike, do light running" but then he goes on to say "you most likely wont be hunting any more" what the hell. if I can ride a bike/run,walk I can hunt. God knows what he thinks hunting evolves but my last trip back home from chemo I went on the mates farm shooting anything we saw from the truck, goats,turkeys,rats at the rubbish hole and some chickens. That required no use of my legs. If there's a will there's a way
    Nick.m and phillipgr like this.

If this works ... this guy was told he would not be walking unaided,not the same but still insperational

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="movie" value="https://www.facebook.com/v/10151007386498082"></param><embed src="https://www.facebook.com/v/10151007386498082" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="1" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151007386498082

Nup the inset didn't but if you are on FB the link should...
    Last edited by leathel; 27-11-2012 at 11:52 AM.
    Toby likes this.
    Fishing ... Hunting its all good

That was pretty good

Absolutely inspirational Leathel

Ok team, I have just heard from the representative of the owners of the land at the end of Waipakihi Road that I had spoken to and emailed who has said in an email to me that "The Trustees of the Lake Rotoaira Forest Trust discussed your request on Thursday last week but unfortunately were not prepared to make an exception for you and your group, so they have not approved you staying on their lands".

A fellow member of this forum has provided me with the name and telephone contact number of someone else to contact however, I am now conscious of respecting the decision of the Trustees.

There has been a suggestion of the DoC camping areas in Kaimanawa Road as an alternate site made previously. It is also the case that I do not want to see momentum lost on this however, I am entering a particularly busy period at work so would be happy for someone else to champion this cause.

Think ya needs to keep you chin up Toby ,nothing you can't beat with positive thinking & a positive attitude.
    A mate of mine had a car accident as a young guy,went to sleep at the wheel & hit a very solid tree full noise .He lost his right eye & was pretty banged up .A very keen clay target shooter ,seemed his chance at a place in the national team was gone. I remember him laying on his hospital bed mock shooting sea gulls left handed outthe window. He over came his injuries,including the loss of his right eye & has since made the National Trap Team several times .Nice guy but mate or no is a hard bugger to go head to head with in a shoot off .Some of the Shot gunners on here probably know the name Paul Currie .Think you need to book your place on the forum hunt Toby ?
    Gun control means using both hands

We shall see what happens, 1 week I will be getting cut up so it wont be long before I have a idea whats happening.

Don't forget to PM me the details Toby including your full name, hospital, ward etc

Will do Rushy

time to start thinking about this again now its summer
    BURN BABY BURN
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by geezejonesy View Post
    time to start thinking about this again now its summer
    The BOP hunt and fish was good numbers I reckon, just the four of us in the hut for the hunt part. I'm having a hard enough time finding animals for myself let alone others but of course I'd be first on the list if anyone is organising a get together......
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.