Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Forum Hunt - ideas?

Mice and spaghetti and the dominoes sauce stuff. spaghetti bolognese is the shit.
    VIVA LA HOWA

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Mice and spaghetti and the dominoes sauce stuff. spaghetti bolognese is the shit.
    Toby, I didn't get to be a fat old bugger by eating spaghetti. I will be dining on roast meat and vege and so will those that let me cook for them.
    veitnamcam and savagehunter like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Rushy is now elected as chef
    VIVA LA HOWA

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    I don't entirely agree with you Leathel. Dougie posted this thread three days ago and already we have a date (Waitangi weekend 4 - 6 Feb 2013) a potential venue (Waipakihi Road end) and as a result of your advice regarding private land, we (I) have made a formal request to the land owner seeking permission to camp. In my view that is quite advanced for three days.

Pending a reply to my email there is then a pre hunt recce to be done and the logistics of food, transport etc to be arranged but as I see it we have plenty of time to get that done. Block out your diary and plan on joining us.
    Yeah I know its getting there but....6 pages....

Some good hunting in that general area..never been on the southern side of the river but I took my boy hunting off the Urchin track (ended up tenting up near the top) a year or two ago and came across some good sign.... Got one not far from the lower camp too on an earlier trip. There are options a short drive away up the other roads if numbers get up as well and return to base camp for the night to talk shit
    Last edited by leathel; 05-11-2012 at 07:07 PM.
    Fishing ... Hunting its all good

Thinning out and spreading to other road ends is a good idea if the numbers get up. Shooting the breeze and talking crap around a camp fire at the end of the day makes the hard yakka all the more worthwhile. Good tucker, good company, tales of lucky deer and unlucky hunters (and vice versa) makes for a great time. If this comes together (and it appears that it will), we will refresh the plans toward the end so everyone doesn't have to trawl through the pages to find the detail.

Join us.. It would be a pleasure to meet you.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!

Thinning out and spreading to other road ends is a good idea if the numbers get up. Shooting the breeze and talking crap around a camp fire at the end of the day makes the hard yakka all the more worthwhile. Good tucker, good company, tales of lucky deer and unlucky hunters (and vice versa) makes for a great time. If this comes together (and it appears that it will), we will refresh the plans toward the end so everyone doesn't have to trawl through the pages to find the detail.

Join us.. It would be a pleasure to meet you.
    I will keep an eye on things but not sure whats on next week never mind a few months away... Have got some things on early Feb but dates TBC and I have no say in them.... when I know I will flick my name down...

I have to try and take my mind of hunting for a bit as I have only had 2 weekends not hunting in the last 10 weeks... I am getting way way behind on so many things its not funny. I have to say No for a bit so I can finish work at my shop and projects for others at home
    Fishing ... Hunting its all good

hey team, glad to see there is a bit of intrest in the waipakahi rd forum hunt. speaking of the 42 traverse i was down there yesterday for a bit of a look around and not much doing where i was. it was bommed with 1080 not so long ago. its not a bad place but you have to know where to go. where there is a quad track in u can just about bet your bottom dollar it will be thrashed. i will be a starter for the hunt, always good to meet new likeminded people. waipakahi road end i think is a good area plenty of scope, and across the road is national park which is also contains a few deer. there is some private land but there is heaps of doc land but u WILL get wet feet crossing the river. there is a very good campsite there but if on a long weekend we will have to get in fast. it is a hunters campsite not a flash doc one. anyway count me in.

WhooHoooo river= swim. better be warm. Can we get permits on line? if so whats the name for it? or do we have to see the doc office when we are there? I farking amped for this I hope I can make it.
    VIVA LA HOWA

water will be cold! toby get permits on line. ask for one for kaimanawa forest park, and one other for tongariro national park.

I would be keen for this if it is happening, would be good to meet some of you guys on this site.
    I will keep watching this with interest. I havent done much hunting and havent bagged myself anything yet
    but more reason to get amoungst it .

Sweet, gonna do it at home and print them off, just in case.
    VIVA LA HOWA

This is starting to sound good.
    Rushy I'm just a few minutes off the Norwestern so you'll be able to pick me up on the way
    The Biggest Room is the Room for Improvement

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    WhooHoooo river= swim. better be warm. Can we get permits on line? if so whats the name for it? or do we have to see the doc office when we are there? I farking amped for this I hope I can make it.
    You will be there Toby. You have to carry the deer for Dougie.

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    This is starting to sound good.
    Rushy I'm just a few minutes off the Norwestern so you'll be able to pick me up on the way
    No trouble with that, I would be happy to. Looks like this is really gathering momentum which is excellent.

You will be there Toby. You have to carry the deer for Dougie.
    Im not sure about that
    VIVA LA HOWA