Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree123Likes

Thread: nzhs rimfire challenge

I've made up an "overlay" that is stapled on the front of @rambo-6mmrem 's target. It allows for the results to come out on the "offical" target but the aiming points are a lot bigger. Thoughts @rambo-6mmrem ??
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tentman View Post
    I've made up an "overlay" that is stapled on the front of @rambo-6mmrem 's target. It allows for the results to come out on the "offical" target but the aiming points are a lot bigger. Thoughts @rambo-6mmrem ??
    top marks for ingenuity

the target is small its 1moa at 50 if your older or have bad eyes i can understand how it would be hard to see I don't want to dis include anyone
    if that's the case I will allow coloring in of the outer ring to make it a 1 inch aim point might also need to do this for classics with smaller scopes

when 1 designed the target it was more thought of around the precision rifle with big scopes to match wasn't really thinking about anything other than that

Quote Originally Posted by rambo-6mmrem View Post
    the target is small its 1moa at 50 if your older or have bad eyes i can understand how it would be hard to see I don't want to dis include anyone
    if that's the case I will allow coloring in of the outer ring to make it a 1 inch aim point might also need to do this for classics with smaller scopes

when 1 designed the target it was more thought of around the precision rifle with big scopes to match wasn't really thinking about anything other than that
    @muzza @Tentman @akaroa1

@rambo-6mmrem there are a lot of very capable old aperture sighted vintage target rifles lurking in the back of our gun safes

Trouble is their vintage owners can no longer shoot as well as the rifle

Only speaking for myself

Ps can send you BP wads when at L3
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by akaroa1 View Post
    @rambo-6mmrem there are a lot of very capable old aperture sighted vintage target rifles lurking in the back of our gun safes

Trouble is their vintage owners can no longer shoot as well as the rifle

Only speaking for myself

Ps can send you BP wads when at L3
    The peep sight etc are for this purpose classed as open sights otherwise there will be too meny classes to keep track of

Im planing

I’m keen to see what I can do with my old slazenger single shot with broken rear sight when I can get to a range. I’ve never tried a target but can reliably hit bunnies between the eyes.
    If I’m no good you’ll never know
    zimmer likes this.
    Remember the 7 “P”s; Pryor Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Quote Originally Posted by rambo-6mmrem View Post

My rimfires have scopes because I'm ageing and am nearly (legally) blind.
    My SA-22 has its original 3-7 scope, my Anschutz has a more capable Vortex Golden Eagle (because that was my only spare scope that would focus at 25 yards).

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    My SA-22 has its original 3-7 scope, my Anschutz has a more capable Vortex Golden Eagle (because that was my only spare scope that would focus at 25 yards).
    Gone the opposite way with my SA22. Removed scope base, reblued, and now it's back to au naturel.
    Mines a Model 1 from way before dovetails became available. Don't think it would be that compete in the accuracy stakes.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Gone the opposite way with my SA22. Removed scope base, reblued, and now it's back to au naturel.
    Mines a Model 1 from way before dovetails became available. Don't think it would be that compete in the accuracy stakes.
    @zimmer interested in the open sight class?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    @Cyclops your case and cases like it is the exact reason I allowed that slight modification to make the target a bit bigger should make it a bit easier for you a 2moa target should be easy to see
    Cyclops likes this.

Well its a tough gig. Shot it with an EM322 this evening, still a bit of wind. Using Fiocchi 320 ammo ($20 a box) and bugger me had a dud round half way through that dropped 50mm low. The Em322 is pretty light and hard to shoot well anyway but that just did me in. Consoled myself with shooting a nice small group with the super batch of Eley Club I have, 0.43" - of-course it was way smaller than anything else I shot today ! - Go figure!!

Yes - a gentleman ob here got it, but delivery hasn't been taken so I'm shooting it with his permission . . . .

wish I could shoot some myself but I'm thinking that could be at least another week away as soon as Auckland gets to level 3 I can get to my mates farm and do some contactless shooting

This competition has come too late - only have one 22LR left these days... That's a wee Marlin 795 semiautomatic which we shot in on range week or so ago. Dialled it in to 0.8" group at 75m which is very acceptable for a little standard barrel semi.

Tent - my EM332s were precise wee shooters. Generally 0.3-0.4" at 50m with the occasional cherry picked 0.1 and 0.2s thrown in. Brilliant at 100 - with groups at 0.5, and several sets averaging well under 1". My range photos were all stored on photobucket which I can no longer access, but might have some saved targets of little $247 EM at 100 somewhere...

Looking forward to following the competition.. Good work rambo
    Micky Duck likes this.