Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By I_does_english

Thread: After boonies kaimai review

After boonies kaimai review

After thoughts on the boonie kaimai boots, happened to see them in a shop today and im up for a new set of boots shortly, tried them on bloody tight on and off but after searching online sounds like thats just the way they are which isnt a major issue, like how they have no foam padding which is what i wanted for my next set so when they get wet they dont take an age to dry. Anyone tried them? Thoughts and feelings, thanks

I've got a set myself, yeah they can be pretty tight to take off, especially when wet, but loosening them up by the laces helps and they have that wedge-shaped outcrop thing at the heel which you can use on the edge of a deck or ledge to pull them off. They're waterproof as, but that does mean if you get water inside them it just stays in there unless u tip it out or drill tiny holes in the sides etc. I've had my set for years, admittedly only bush stalking so no alpine stuff but as far as I remember no problems with blisters etc. Comfy as and dry real quick too. I have a pair of Boonies socks too and I love em, gonna buy a couple more pairs soon I reckon.

Josh James gets free boots from Boonies and has done a review on the Kaimais I believe... He also loves the jandals they released not too long ago, says they're the comfiest jandals he's owned I'm pretty sure.

...Also, okay not gonna lie I'm a little bit biased as my uncle founded Boonies and still runs it today... But you have my guarantee you'll be supporting a relatively small family business if you do go for them!
    sometimes1 likes this.
    Check out NZ Chronicles on YouTube for New Zealand hunting, fishing and more!

Yea watched his review but took it with a grain of salt because i gathered hes got some deal with them, he's not going to say they are rubbish, 1 thing i forgot to mention is whats the ankle support like because being neoprene they dont tighten like a leather boot, thought about getting longer laces and doing a loop around my ankle then tying at the front, i do this anyway with mine at the moment but not sure itll be enough wiyh these

I’ve worn Boonies Kaimai for hunting for about 5 hears. Same pair of boots, no problems.

Love ‘em. I’ve done some serious miles in those boots. I like the way the neoprene keeps your feet warm when wet, how quickly they dry in the wind and the grip.

I don’t think @7mmwsm is talking about the right boots. I’ve also worn Boonies gumboots (Overlander) and they’re not up to the job. The ones I bought were comfy as, bit wore out / split / leaked in an unacceptable short time. But… when I complained, I got sent a new pair within a week. I gave the new pair to my son and went back to 4x4s, which aren’t as comfy.
    Last edited by Flyblown; 16-06-2021 at 08:43 AM.
    Just...say...the...word

I use the boonies slip on shoes at work (not sure on model) have two pairs one plain and the other steel caps. Wear one of the two pairs most days. Only seen to get about 6-8months walking on concrete before the sole wears out to the point of dangerous traction issues.

Really comfy, steel caps work (but never go far enough up the foot when you drop things....) been using for a couple of years and I'll be getting more next summer.

Have used them for short hunts I the bush for a couple of hours, surprisingly waterproof and warm

So we all know specifically which boots we’re talking about:

https://boonies.co.nz/product/kaimai...00-waterproof/

The build / quality of these is totally different to the gumboots, that’s my experience. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re made somewhere completely different. I also have a colleague that wears the Kaimai and he is using his ~2-3 days a week and he’s still on his first pair, and he bought his not long after me. They’re pretty shabby now but still waterproof as he commented on it when I was complaining about the Overlander gumboots leaking, about a month ago!
    Just...say...the...word

Wicked thanks all for the input and thoughts, sounds like ill be going back to buy them