Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree24Likes
  • 14 Post By hotsoup
  • 3 Post By dannyb
  • 4 Post By 199p
  • 1 Post By BRADS
  • 1 Post By 300Shortmag
  • 1 Post By Roarless20

Thread: Any tricks on getting Backlands to stop flopping around

Any tricks on getting Backlands to stop flopping around

So I splashed out and bought and expensive bipod, it’s a great weight but for long range shooting I was hoping it’d be stable…. I need stable, that’s why I bought a bipod! Wobbles around a fair bit, especially when you front load it… at I doing it wrong? Is there a way to jam it up, I don’t care for the swivel feature, if the animal is on the run I’m not on a bipod… any ideas?

Only advice I can give is to sell it and buy a MTN Gear bipod
    Bryan, Carbine, 7mmwsm and 11 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Cowan View Post
    So I splashed out and bought and expensive bipod, it’s a great weight but for long range shooting I was hoping it’d be stable…. I need stable, that’s why I bought a bipod! Wobbles around a fair bit, especially when you front load it… at I doing it wrong? Is there a way to jam it up, I don’t care for the swivel feature, if the animal is on the run I’m not on a bipod… any ideas?
    Probably not what you want to hear, but sell it and buy a spartan javelin or MTN if your budget will stretch that far.
    This was the one thing that I just couldn't come to grips with on the backlanz bipod was the "slop" in the quick release mount when fitted.
    If you go the spartan route definitely get the adjustable or long version and get a mount bedded into your fore, this will give the most solid mounting option for the javelin.
    I can't speak 100% for the MTN as I haven't physically seen 1 but I believe they are solid once loaded up.
    The javelin I have been using for a few years and I find it perfect balance of lightweight and 100% positive lock up (no slop at all) when mounted.
    GSP HUNTER, Bos and Scott Cowan like this.
    #DANNYCENT

dose yours have the upgraded spring? my og one moved a bit the newer ones are much more solid, i send my 1st one in for the spring upgrade and now have the leg notch as well
    BRADS, Micky Duck, Gkp and 1 others like this.
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

Quote Originally Posted by 199p View Post
    dose yours have the upgraded spring? my og one moved a bit the newer ones are much more solid, i send my 1st one in for the spring upgrade and now have the leg notch as well
    I was also wondering that mine definitely has no slop but is the same yours the new notched leg one.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk
    Shamus_ likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hotsoup View Post
    Only advice I can give is to sell it and buy a MTN Gear bipod
    Haha, great call hotsoup
    hunt08 likes this.

Suggest you contact Backlanz directly, there may be an easy (read the manual) solve.

I had the Spartan bipod with the inlayed mount (in a carbon fibre stock). The epoxy came loose while shooting downhill, and it just didn't have the spectrum of movements I required. Ended up getting a MTN Mountain Bipod. Matt actually inlayed the rail fitting for me, pretty stoked. It has a much greater range of movement (that I require) and is solid when shooting. The only difference I've noted is the plastic feet are great for the mountains but don't grip like the rubber tips on the Spartan on smooth wooden surfaces at the range (The Spartan has rubber caps and then metal feet from memory) of the Spartan. So when bench shooting, I need to have a grippy surface for the front feet to grip... like a rubber mat. Not a major, just something I've noticed. You can load it up with pressure, but I don't put too much pressure on, to let the rifle do its thing. I had an issue with MTN swaying - too loose, contacted Matt and he pointed out the screw to tighten.. which I could have done myself if I'd read the manual. Great product and NZ made
    "Death - our community's number one killer"

I had the same experience and issues as you with mine. I sold it almost straight away.
    It was 2nd hand and an early model, looks like a spring upgrade might have helped...
    I prefered the Harris for range type shooting (and headshooting meat animals) and my pack for tops hunting. Also the $$ in my pocket again.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Mine has a little bit of play but not too bad in the field as the panning feature is handy.

One suggestion is to mount it backwards, i do this at the range and there is no movement at all.

Did you try it backwards?