Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Snoppernator
  • 3 Post By Snoppernator

Thread: Argali tents

Argali tents

Is another using one of these 2P tents.

Sent from my CPH2145 using Tapatalk

Yup I gave the Rincon. Really like it. Heaps of space for two people and gear in the tent. Doesn't have a vestibule, but I use my other trekking pole unextended to push up the front fly to put the cooker outside while I'm inside. I use a 2p as I have a dog. It's really nice and tight when pitched well. A good three season tent. Does have a big footprint - but that doesn't bother me. Replaced my Hilleberg Soulo which was a tight squeeze with the dog.
    TimC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoppernator View Post
    Yup I gave the Rincon. Really like it. Heaps of space for two people and gear in the tent. Doesn't have a vestibule, but I use my other trekking pole unextended to push up the front fly to put the cooker outside while I'm inside. I use a 2p as I have a dog. It's really nice and tight when pitched well. A good three season tent. Does have a big footprint - but that doesn't bother me. Replaced my Hilleberg Soulo which was a tight squeeze with the dog.
    Awesome so condensation isn't an issue

Hi 25/08. There are two configurations for the outer fly which you can see on the Argali Youtube channel. The first is pitched level with the ground (basically pegging down the loop on the corners of the outer fly direct to ground) which is great for wind protection, but there will be some condensation depending on where you've pitched your tent. That being said, it wasn't a drama as it's a tall tent (with trekking pole extended) and you basically have to push the mesh inner against the outer to get damp.

The second configuration is to peg down the outer fly by the guy lines, leaves about 10cm clearance. It's brilliant, provides great circulation and no condensation issues. Yes it's a little cooler, but love it, it works. There is a vent that pops out at the top of the tent, always have this set up. Haven't used the stove configuration yet - just have to put myself in the situation where I need to

Condensation will be a thing with any tent if it is colder outside than inside that is sealed up with no ventilation. Listened to an Exo Mtn Gear podcast recently with a scientist talking about the physics of condensation (yes I am a nerd). While counterintuitive it is better to pitch under trees (alive, not deadfall) than open skies if you want better condensation protection! So even in tops, I try to pitch any tent next to foliage.
    DemocKot, drunk_mexican and RV1 like this.
    "Death - our community's number one killer"

Quote Originally Posted by Snoppernator View Post
    Hi 25/08. There are two configurations for the outer fly which you can see on the Argali Youtube channel. The first is pitched level with the ground (basically pegging down the loop on the corners of the outer fly direct to ground) which is great for wind protection, but there will be some condensation depending on where you've pitched your tent. That being said, it wasn't a drama as it's a tall tent (with trekking pole extended) and you basically have to push the mesh inner against the outer to get damp.

The second configuration is to peg down the outer fly by the guy lines, leaves about 10cm clearance. It's brilliant, provides great circulation and no condensation issues. Yes it's a little cooler, but love it, it works. There is a vent that pops out at the top of the tent, always have this set up. Haven't used the stove configuration yet - just have to put myself in the situation where I need to

Condensation will be a thing with any tent if it is colder outside than inside that is sealed up with no ventilation. Listened to an Exo Mtn Gear podcast recently with a scientist talking about the physics of condensation (yes I am a nerd). While counterintuitive it is better to pitch under trees (alive, not deadfall) than open skies if you want better condensation protection! So even in tops, I try to pitch any tent next to foliage.
    Awesome thanks for the info it sounds like what I need