Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Best 75-80L Pack

For that money I would buy a Stone Glacier. I have the Evo 45/50.

It's the best hunting pack I have ever owned. It's about 70 litres but has a load shelf so can chuck meat on the frame between the frame and the pack. Not having to put meat in my actual bag has been something I won't live without now. It's light as for a decent frame. (whole thing is less than a 70L tatonka) And the bags not made of useless lightweight material like lots of new packs.

Mine has carried out a 190pound moose quarter in Canada and while it sucks and I needed help to get standing it was not terrible. I regularly have 40-50kgs in it. I used it guiding, trail clearing and cutting track as well as on every hunt since I brought it. I used it over 200 days in 2019. 50 days in 2020. And I've been lucky enough to put 20 days on it this year. So it's got 270 odd days of highwear use plus it was my carry on between the USA to Canada back to the USA and to NZ and many times between the islands. As an idea of how much time that actually is, for your keen hunter that gets out 2nd weekend for a hunt you would hunt 50 days a year. If you got out one weekend a month you'd have 24 days a year. So I'm pretty comfortable giving it a high recommendation as I just had to put a peice on tenacious tape on 2 spots of high wear and one spot I cut with the chainsaw while packing it out from cutting trail.
    Name:  IMG_20190726_113334.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  2.62 MB
    Name:  P9240040.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  2.18 MB (the orange bag is a 120L dry bag for reference to how much extra you can get in the load shelf.