Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By Happy Jack
  • 3 Post By Happy Jack
  • 2 Post By Ryan_Songhurst
  • 2 Post By wayno
  • 1 Post By Happy Jack

Thread: Boot Recommendations

Boot Recommendations

Newbie here starting to get my kit together and looking at boots, particularly Lowa Ranger 3’s or the Lowa Camino’s. Looking to do mainly upper bush edge and tussic top hunting, will these boots be suitable for that or is there a better choice?

Salewa Rapace for me, best boot I have owned by far
    Shearer and 30late like this.

Thanks for that, first time buying a decent set of boots so I definitely want to try and get it right the first time

Go and see the guys at Further Faster, best independent store in Christchurch and really knowledgeable staff. Far, far better service than the big players at Tower Junction.
    Elrond, hotsoup and Bent Barrel like this.

Agreed further faster are brilliant

Personally I'd stay well away from anything Lowa. They are comfortable and functional but a real lottery on quality control and have the worst after sales service of any company I've ever come across, you will come away feeling like a criminal if you ever try make a warranty claim with them and they will blatantly accuse you of

"not wearing them enough"

"Used another companies boot care products"

"Didn't follow manufacturers recommended break in procedure"

Etc etc and any other excuse that can come up with to avoid honoring a warranty. I've had Rangers and Tibets and they've both come apart after very minimal use, I have family who have had the same experience, followed up by the same warranty claim experience.

I now have become a real fan of the La Sportiva Trango TRK boots, I've bought two pairs but still working on trying to wreck the first pair, they're super lightweight which makes a huge difference on the hill but still provide all the support of a heavier boot.
    Believe it or not I've also been running a pair of Grisport Kaweka's on the farm for a while now and very impressed with them for the money, I'd be happy with them as a do it all hunting boot if I wasn't so smitten with the La Sportivas and you can pick them up for $300
    GSP HUNTER and Shearer like this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

I have salawa crows and they are brilliant ,i use them from the bush to the tops with no drama .But second the go see further faster as there are so many choices out there and try as many as can .Its got suit you and what you feel good in
    Shearer and Happy Jack like this.

I had a bad run with Sportiva's but that's not to say others won't mine wasn't a build quality problem.

Are your Rapace keeping your feet dry in wet grass, scrub?

I’ve read conflicting reports about the salewas.

I was looking at getting crispi hunters. Don’t normally do high cut boots but they look the business.

Banned
    Any well made boot seems fine for hunting it's carrying loads where the difference appears. I find the Lowa Tibets are extremely supportive with a deer on my back and I hardly ever loose my footing and have never twisted an ankle, hurt a knee etc wearing them. I bought the full leather - glove leather lined ones with no gortex and keep them well dressed inside and out. The glue that Lowa use on the 'Rands' is shite and they need re-glued from new.

Quote Originally Posted by SPEARONZ View Post
    Are your Rapace keeping your feet dry in wet grass, scrub?

I’ve read conflicting reports about the salewas.

I was looking at getting crispi hunters. Don’t normally do high cut boots but they look the business.
    So far yes they do keep me dry.
    30late likes this.