Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hayden

Thread: Crispi Summit Gtx

Crispi Summit Gtx

My Mendls are on their last legs, looking at the Crispi summit gtx to replace. Anyone tried them? I’m wide fitting like a lot of other kiwi blokes. Nowhere in Welly stock them to try. Other Crispi styles seem to review well not sure about the stitched on rand

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T.T
    I use both the Crispi summit and the Nevada. The Nevada would be a better replacement option for your Meindls. I have wide feet and both models are good in this respect. The summit is more of a light weight summer boot in my opinion but are definitely the most comfortable boots I’ve owned. The Nevada will be more durable and give you better longevity.They both have the same rigidity. The summits are my go to for bush stalking and have plenty of support for packing a good load.

Cheers TT, the tread looks good on them and don’t seem to be much complaints about slipping over etc like some of the other big names, but I guess they relatively new to the market in the scheme of things

I have think they are the alpines with built in rear crampon by far 1 of the best boots I have had on my second pair 1st pair 13 mths wearing them every day second pair in at 15 mths and still in great condition I killed a set af mendls here in 8mths so great boot

@Hayden try Footwear and Apparel New Zealand in Whakatiki Street, Upper Hutt. They stock Crispi. Got a pair of Nevadas from there at the beginning of the year.

Love the Nevadas. Really love them. Super comfy, didn't require any breaking in. Took em for a few days up the Tararuas as soon as I bought mine and were instantly some of the most comfortable boots I've had. Nice and sturdy.

Thanks @Pixie Z, they didn’t come up as stockists off the Crispi webpage but good to know for future, Ended up getting a pair of Dekotas for a good price from the logger shop, plenty roomy for platypus footed individuals, see how they go on the hill in a few weeks time.

Pixie Z likes this.