Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

Like Tree205Likes

Thread: The flashlight sticky

Maxtoch back to business as usual after big trade show, and the new model 2X Shooter is now back on sale on aliexpress:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/MAXTO...661379568.html

US guy did a fair old waterproofing test on his new 2X - it is IPX-8 (full immersion) rated. This guy dropped his in a bucket over night, pulled it out in the morning, clicked it on and it was 100%. Pulled it apart and zero moisture inside. Good to know if you're caught out in the bush or back country coming home and its raining like hell.
    Kscott likes this.

Mine arrived yesterday

Mine just arrived as well. One question for someone who knows....When charging the batteries, do the LEDs on the charger turn green when the batteries are fully charged or just stay a solid Red.

Thanks.

On my chargers they go green.

Thanks. I'll leave them charging for a bit longer then.

They can take up to 10 hours to charge.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Nitecore charger is well worth it
    quentin likes this.

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    just ordered a new torch and batts
    gadgetman likes this.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Ok here is another small quantity battery buying option from Maxtoch. Has been impossible to buy and airfreight 18650s except if they come inside a torch tube. So after a suggestion to and some discussion with Maxtoch, they have now made a super el cheapo 2 cell torch/tube. It AIN'T FLASH but it does carry two batts for airfreighting. Basically it is just an aluminium batt tube with an led and a switch on it that meets airfreighting requirements..

So for kiwis who want to buy extra pairs of maxtoch (panasonic) 3400 protected buttontops you can now buy by the pair and they will come in this basic carrier tube/torch. The price including delivery plus 'torch' is $18.60US or about $27.70NZ a pair. This makes it cheaper than trademe (round $36 pr delivered) for these small orders, and with each pair of batts you get the cheapo tube:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/MAXTO...600412123.html

No doubt the cheapo airfreight tube torch will have a full 10 by 10 guarantee - 10 paces or 10 seconds - whichever happens first. A quality Maxtoch product it is not... just a little ali tube with exposed board and led that works ...and that's all.

If people want say 2-3 pairs of extra batts, they will come in 2-3 of these freight torches. You could ask Amanda if bulk/freight discounts would then apply: amanda@maxtoch.cn
    40bung likes this.

Met a policeman tonight and he has an M24 torch sitting between the seats in his police car. Loves it. Goes out to an emergency, switches it on, daylights the area and all the bad boys in it!! Reckons its a real weapon...

Maxtoch will do bulk discounts now when people buy several pairs of maxtoch 18650 protected buttontop batteries in the wee carrier torch tubes. Discounts for bulk are:

2pairs, 5% off
    5pairs, 8% off
    8pairs, 10% off

Amanda says people can contact her for batteries/discounts - amanda@maxtoch.cn. Gearbest still airfreighting some batts ex Hongkong though for how much longer is anyone's guess. Brian got a consignment in the other day - could be bit risky but they do have amazing prices:

NCR18650B 3.7V 3400mAh 18650 Protected Li - ion Battery Rechargeable ( 4 PCS )-21.80 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com

Just a reminder to new 2X buyers - with 70 or so sold into NZ via aliexpress in first few weeks.

Don't use crap batteries in this torch - you will have very poor runtimes. Stick with the maxtoch/panasonic 3400 protected buttontops it is designed for. Maxtoch sells them.

Also remember to use the medium mode for best runtime. Yes it will run for 70-75 minutes on high with maxtoch/panasonics, but we've set the medium mode to be hugely powerful at 260k or so - ideal for spotting - and it will give you 100 minutes sustained runtime.

Quote Originally Posted by mudgripz View Post
    Just a reminder to new 2X buyers - with 70 or so sold into NZ via aliexpress in first few weeks.

Don't use crap batteries in this torch - you will have very poor runtimes. Stick with the maxtoch/panasonic 3400 protected buttontops it is designed for. Maxtoch sells them.

Also remember to use the medium mode for best runtime. Yes it will run for 70-75 minutes on high with maxtoch/panasonics, but we've set the medium mode to be hugely powerful at 260k or so - ideal for spotting - and it will give you 100 minutes sustained runtime.
    Cripes! I thought I read somewhere that it would last for 6 hours!! I guess I got that wrong. Thats why I didn't bother to get any extra batteries as I thought 6 hours was ample for what I needed.

100+ minutes continuous batt runtime usually equates to maybe 2 and a half hours shooting because of all the on/off time to drive/reload/chat/eat/brag/open gates etc.

If you pm gadgetman he may have some spare panasonic 3400s available at a good price.

Woohooo!

Maxtoch has just released the upgraded M24 Sniper with same higher current board as new 2X Shooter. Has a dedomed U3 led in it and has output of approx 300k lux - which is huge.

Means you can now choose from the two best (power/price/performance/specs) hunter lights on the planet - and both are phenomenal options. The new 2X has more power at 365k and is 30gms heavier, while this upgrade M24 also has a stumping 300k output, is a tiny bit smaller and a wee bit cheaper. Which one do you buy? ...... I have both and I would not part with either:

Aliexpress.com : Buy MAXTOCH New Sniper M24 Dedomed U3 LED 1350lm Hunt Long Shooting Hunting Torch from Reliable hunting torch suppliers on EST GROUP Co., Ltd

Also available in packages with batts, or batts and charger.

Remember with this M24 upgrade and the new 2X, medium mode is set with still very high output to be normal 'hunter' mode for longer 100+ minute runtimes. Medium in this upgrade M24 has the same output as high mode on the recent M24 model...
    Last edited by mudgripz; 25-06-2016 at 09:24 PM.
    Matt2308 likes this.

So it should be easy enough to upgrade my current M24?