Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree205Likes

Thread: The flashlight sticky

Very informative post there mudgripz and I take on everything you said! But there may be a small misunderstanding here.. Your post seems like you think I was saying that the Courui is better than the Maxtoch's - I'm not, I think those Maxtoch's you and the blf guys have designed look awesome for the price! I just want this Courui as a host to see how much I can get out of it - I love playing around with electronics to see what I can make and I couldn't really do any mods with a Maxtoch because they're already good!Obviously the Courui isn't going on the scope, the modded C8 can do that job! But I like the idea of 3 parallel cells (much more simple and safe than 2 series) and that 75mm head has got to throw and weight isn't a problem with a handheld.
    Anyway, just want to make it clear that I am not putting down the Maxtoch's in any way, I just want a light that isn't already 'good to go' so I can mod it

Have some fun with the Courui.... and if you get it up to 2-300k lux perhaps we can send you a 2X sample to see if you can get 4-500k. Goods threads on this on blf.

There are gazillions of lights out there and picking out good options/hosts is tricky. Easy way to lose money..... We tried lots from different companies, and even with Maxtoch in last 2-3 years they have sent 1-2 boxes full of lights at times for us to test (like variations on C8s/ headlamps/ zoomie XMLs/ deep reflectors/shallow reflector test models etc) and we've rejected virtually the lot. The only light that really stood out was the original Maxtoch SN6X-2 - it had the performance and size specifications we wanted so we developed from there. The present M24 is the fourth generation development of that line of lights.

Blf will give you plenty of light host tips. And Richard - a very experienced modder and light retailer at Mountain electronics in the USA always stocks good stock lights and hosts for mods:

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index....tegory&path=80
    Last edited by mudgripz; 30-11-2014 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mudgripz View Post
    Have some fun with the Courui.... If you get it up to 2-300k lux perhaps we can send you a 2X sample to see if you can get 4-500k. Goods threads on this on blf.
    I don't have a lux meter so I have no idea how many lux I'll get.. I'd have to make a guess based on reflector size, current and emitter type.. Yeah I've been doing plenty of reading on blf!

Work has decided to issue us with recharchable torches to save money on batteries, WOOHOO I thought it was a good idea

Name:  046.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  742.9 KBName:  047.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  1,009.8 KBName:  048.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  754.5 KB

I am stilllllll waiting for mine, its been over 6 weeks now!

Is there 100 Lm difference between the m24 and m24s or is extra money just for the strobe light

Quote Originally Posted by stub View Post
    Is there 100 Lm difference between the m24 and m24s or is extra money just for the strobe light
    They did up the output a little at the expense of run time. Strobes are not useful, just buy the M24.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by sparky1000 View Post
    I am stilllllll waiting for mine, its been over 6 weeks now!
    Me too!

As has been mentioned many times goods ex China can take anything from 8 days to a couple of months or so. Average by chinapost is 2-4 weeks. If people require stuff quickly its better to ask about EMS mail or Fedex etc.

With Chinapost its free but you really just have to order then be patient. Couple of times a year orders are notably slow - they are christmas time and around chinese new year which is Feb 19 in 2015 - big holiday period over there.

If anyone has a worry email Amanda at Maxtoch on: amanda@maxtoch.cn She is very helpful.

Check out Ace beam torches at Outpost Supplies NZ

Quote Originally Posted by Outpost supplies View Post
    Check out Ace beam torches at Outpost Supplies NZ
    They're umm.. expensive

They only seem pricey, google them for information on their performance. These torches /search lights are very powerful, not toys.

do a discount for the forum boys and we will tell you how good they are

I need a new torch after one of my 4 y.o's admitted putting it in the recycling bin. It was a Fenix TK11. It was a good piece of kit. WAS.

Hi Scoped
    Get a idea of which torches and how many are interested and we will work out a group deal
    Thanks