Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Half price Lowa boots and others

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carlhurley View Post
    I had a run in with these guys a while back the prices include 19% tax vat which they are meant to give back if you purchase out side of the eu they promised to do it once i had bought the goods then wouldnt reply to my emails
    Why did you pay then? The site is a bit confusing but once you go through checkout and confirm sale the price is the less tax value. This is the price charged to me on my credit card (via Pay Pal).
    The list prices did not change currency when switching between sites either but final cost was a € conversion not USD. Maybe my being on a tablet upset it?
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

It was a few years ago maybe they have changed their checkout process they were not selling much out side of the eu so emailed them about getting the tax back bought some boots and some beretta clothing and they said they would refund it once I had bought the stuff still got all the gear which you couldent get in NZ cheap but once I started emailing them for the refund they replied once that they were looking into it then would not reply

Quote Originally Posted by hotsoup View Post
    Which pair of Lowa's would you recommend for S.I Tahr hunting etc? My Scarpas got smashed, prefer to keep them for bush use.
    I would recommend the tibet gtx. Wxl if you have wide feet like most kiwis.

I bought a pair last night and they were €207 plus 21 freight. Or something similar

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    kiwijames likes this.
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone

@hotsoup I've got some Lowa Hunter GTX Hi 's. Bloody brilliant. They're the insulated version of the Tibet's and actually feel a little more stable / stronger than the Tibet due to the extra leather around the ankle etc. Bit hot for the N.I. bush but for anything alpine or cold!

Cool good to hear. Anyone have any idea how the size compared to Scarpas? Im typically an 11 / 11.5US in most shoes.

@hotsoup my Lowa Tibets are UK10 the box says they are US11.
    They turned up 5 min before I was about to leave on a 3 day trip to Kaikoura. Put them on and they were awesome, better than my Meindls. Might have to buy a second pair and put them in the cupboard for when this pair wear out.

Awesome cheers guys, have ordered a pair in UK10, tried them on at the city that sells guns.. Cheeky

Tempted to buy 2x pairs to last me the next 10 years haha.
    stug likes this.

I'm looking at the LOWA Vantage GTX's. As I only do an alpine trip once every couple of years or so. Will have to go to a local store to try on some boots to work out a size as I have never worn LOWA's before.

They work out to be about $260 NZD delivered.

What sizing do we use?
    IE I wear a 10 workboot what does that equate to in uk and us sizing?

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Depends what the 10 you speak of is measured in @veitnamcam
    It will be generally be US or UK not many have 'nz' sizes alternatively check your other shoes tongues.

I find Eu sizing to be the most accurate..

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

I might look into getting a pair in as well. My Meindl Island Pros have served me well for the past 3-4 years but they are starting to show a few battle scars now. Any recommendations for a North Island boot - bit of everything really - lots of river walking, tops etc.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    What sizing do we use?
    IE I wear a 10 workboot what does that equate to in uk and us sizing?

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    Probably a UK sizing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pop Shot View Post
    I might look into getting a pair in as well. My Meindl Island Pros have served me well for the past 3-4 years but they are starting to show a few battle scars now. Any recommendations for a North Island boot - bit of everything really - lots of river walking, tops etc.
    From the research I have done the LOWA Vantage GTX seems like a good choice. I'm going to order a pair tonight, so can let you know how they are.

Quote Originally Posted by stug View Post
    Probably a UK sizing.
    I rang them and confirmed the listed sizes are UK sizes (not US). Still depends on the manufacturer to keep to these sizes.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Quote Originally Posted by Pop Shot View Post
    Bullers
    DanS likes this.