Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Hunt Smart - anyone using it?

Another one for Thortz, get them from work which is handy!

Quote Originally Posted by Sika 8 View Post
    Another one for Thortz, get them from work which is handy!
    Yip same here....not a believer in Huntsmart to be fair.....if you need the "boost" or "go go juice" then maybe more fitness required?

The Thorzt I use purely for hydration/electrolyte replacement only and are 99% sugar free.

Hamish

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk
    BRADS, McNotty, kbrebs and 1 others like this.
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

I was nearly going to try some Huntsmart till i seen the Epsom salt/cream of tartar recipe and have just made some up to try. I am hoping it works cause i have had some terrible attacks of cramp in the past, despite my best efforts to stay hydrated using various sport drinks , energy gels etc

Quote Originally Posted by 30late View Post
    I was nearly going to try some Huntsmart till i seen the Epsom salt/cream of tartar recipe and have just made some up to try. I am hoping it works cause i have had some terrible attacks of cramp in the past, despite my best efforts to stay hydrated using various sport drinks , energy gels etc
    Don't overdo the Epsom salts or you may need a extra roll of paper.

Sent from my CPH2145 using Tapatalk
    308 and 30late like this.

holy moly - how did we survive before all this - well when I was culling when I got back to camp after a 8-10 hour stretch hunting it was a big cup of tea with condensed milk and sugar -couple of cabin bread with peanut butter while we waited for tea to cook - still my go to except not the cabin bread - me mate " the kid " would get his mug about four table spoons of anchor whole milk powder - two tablespoons milo and sugar -mix it into a slurry with water and eat it with a spoon - damn near made me spew - could not stand that full cream milk powder - but he loved it - and before anyone asks what condition we were in - bloody racing rats

if you do it all day every day your body soon adapts. heat conditioning is very real, when I was on the tools working in the freezing cold or incredible heat i never felt it because I was in it all day every day.
    now I work in aircon and I've had to buy a jacket for the first time in my life, meanwhile my mates still out there are the same as ever.

The other thing I do is mix hot chocolate powder into my porridge mix for breakfast all made at home and into ziplock bags.

Oats
    Milk powder
    Glucose powder
    Hot chocolate powder.

Add boiling water and eat.
    Happy Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Jack View Post
    The other thing I do is mix hot chocolate powder into my porridge mix for breakfast all made at home and into ziplock bags.

Oats
    Milk powder
    Glucose powder
    Hot chocolate powder.

Add boiling water and eat.
    ever tried adding dates or raisins that would go well with that

Haven't tried Huntsmart - and usually drink water on the hill (or diving) but I'm getting older - and stuff aches and hurts that didnt used to
    A guy put me onto BCAA's - I usually drink some the day before and the day after a big trip
    I've noticed a significant improvement in my recovery - and stamina in following days. Multi-day dive trips that used to leave me wrecked (mostly dehydration and cramps from 8-10+hrs in the water) are no problem. Plenty of science out there about it if you read a bit.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...OC_TITLE_HDR_2

I mostly drink water, but will have a vitasport sachet each day in the hills. I also carry a few miso sachets and will make a mug of miso soup every evening and most mornings. Good amount of sodium in the miso to replace those salts.