Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Huntech butchers coat

Anyone tried one of these out?thinking about getting a new jacket and these look pretty good,can’t find much info on them though and the staff at the hunting and fishing branch I went to weren’t much help,any real world opinions?mostly used for deer stalking and duck shooting. Thanks

awesome bit of kit...BUT plurry hot..I find I get puckerooed wearing it..bloody good for keeping you warm and clean...great for carting pork on your back. pockets are awesome..my 10x binos fit in tit pocket,sideways tit pocket has zip,ideal for phone...hand warmer pockets in good position. easy to move wearing it...couldnt find a big dog in my size so went this way and love it.
    have found if just a TEE shirt under neath the over heat thing isnt an issue,big zip on the front helps.
    and great with pack on the back too.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Mean that’s the type of info I’m after,I usually just run an under armour long sleeve thermal under my jacket and a merino tee from farmlands over that if early morning or looking to get wet/cold later in the day,I run pretty hot most of the time.looked the long tail on them as well,I spend a lot of time sitting and watching while bush hunting.

perfect for that...the older ridgeline nylon tops with vented mesh on sides work perfectly for me...cant kill them,bought two 20ish years ago and the ystill going strong.
    sitting and glassing is ideal...can flick hood up if REALLY cold..and it has to be for me to use one... the one on these is pretty good.

Another good fleece jacket is the swazi windriver - I got one a few months ago and love it.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

Ngo
    JoelA Have been looking at the windriver do you overheat in it does it breethe they look the goods
    Last edited by Ngo; 23-09-2023 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    very similar except the waterproof bit is way smaller on that one... funny how one company does it then all the others copy it in different ways.