Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Kuiu shipping prices

[QUOTE=kiwijames;402885]
    Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post

That gear repels grass stains really well I hear

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Build in knee pads?
    BRADS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Philipo View Post
    Roger that so it's pretty standard, I don't mind paying for decent gear, I just don't like the feeling of being ripped one.

And yeah to make it work here, they will need to stock stuff.
    Best part is it will still be in transit when we climb into the chopper in a few weeks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Uplandstalker and HNTMAD like this.

Hi guys, I’ll do my best to try answer some questions asked here and give you some information on KUIU in New Zealand and what we are working on.

Shipping:
    When doing an order you can view shipping prices online by going to https://store.kuiu.com/Articles.asp?ID=251#shipping, or you can add it to your shopping cart and enter your shipping address which will provide shipping costs for your order. Currently all backordered items are shipped free of charge when they become available again, which softens the inconvenience of it not being ready to ship right away.
    We are also in the process of exploring different options for shipping for people outside the US. If there is a change to the way it is shipped you will be informed.
    In time KUIU are hoping that sales will allow a South Pacific Distribution center and the plans are to have this in New Zealand.

Why attend the Sika show:
    As most of you are aware, KUIU is different from other hunting manufacture’s as it is a consumer direct business model. Therefore, it is not sold through retailers as retailers double the price of the garment, without adding any quality or value. The disadvantage of this is that it is hard for people to see, touch or try on KUIU gear before you buy, like most online shopping. So both in the States and now in NZ, KUIU goes to the major hunting trade shows (including the Sika show) and allows people to see the entire range of gear and try it on before ordering.

What’s my Job?
    As you all are aware, when buying any gear its often better to speak to someone who hunts in the same terrain as you and knows what you are after, so I help New Zealand customers order the gear that is going to work best for them and answer any questions. I am also looking after the warrantee’s for all the gear, so if the gear happens to fail and it’s the fault of KUIU – I can organize the repair or replacement within New Zealand. Basically, If you have any questions regarding KUIU, I can help you.

KUIU has been designed to produce the world’s best lightweight, technical mountain hunting clothing at a fair price… For those after the high quality and performance of their hunting gear it is well worth the money and the process to get it.

If you have any questions, I am always happy to help.

Shaun
    Shaun.allison@kuiu.com
    Nesika and twinneedle like this.

Is there an eta for the South Pacific DC?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun@KUIU View Post
    Hi guys, I’ll do my best to try answer some questions asked here and give you some information on KUIU in New Zealand and what we are working on.

Shipping:
    When doing an order you can view shipping prices online by going to https://store.kuiu.com/Articles.asp?ID=251#shipping, or you can add it to your shopping cart and enter your shipping address which will provide shipping costs for your order. Currently all backordered items are shipped free of charge when they become available again, which softens the inconvenience of it not being ready to ship right away.
    We are also in the process of exploring different options for shipping for people outside the US. If there is a change to the way it is shipped you will be informed.
    In time KUIU are hoping that sales will allow a South Pacific Distribution center and the plans are to have this in New Zealand.

Why attend the Sika show:
    As most of you are aware, KUIU is different from other hunting manufacture’s as it is a consumer direct business model. Therefore, it is not sold through retailers as retailers double the price of the garment, without adding any quality or value. The disadvantage of this is that it is hard for people to see, touch or try on KUIU gear before you buy, like most online shopping. So both in the States and now in NZ, KUIU goes to the major hunting trade shows (including the Sika show) and allows people to see the entire range of gear and try it on before ordering.

What’s my Job?
    As you all are aware, when buying any gear its often better to speak to someone who hunts in the same terrain as you and knows what you are after, so I help New Zealand customers order the gear that is going to work best for them and answer any questions. I am also looking after the warrantee’s for all the gear, so if the gear happens to fail and it’s the fault of KUIU – I can organize the repair or replacement within New Zealand. Basically, If you have any questions regarding KUIU, I can help you.

KUIU has been designed to produce the world’s best lightweight, technical mountain hunting clothing at a fair price… For those after the high quality and performance of their hunting gear it is well worth the money and the process to get it.

If you have any questions, I am always happy to help.

Shaun
    Shaun.allison@kuiu.com
    Surely there is a way that kuru can ship you an order per month and you can ship with in nz?
    The largest expense is shipping from usa to here but if that covered by many orders then the cost per item comes down and everyone saves $$$ meaning larger orders for kuru
    Barefoot and Gibo like this.
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

Nah... you are changing the whole business model to do that, it requires storage, invoicing, and stock on hand to be timely in that situation... all of that costs as well..

Unless you carried the whole range, the amount of times expectation weren't being met would be negative for the brand...

Having a kiwi rep who can liaise, display and service warranty is an advantage over a straight online retailer, but you lot appear to be clamouring for another bricks and mortar style dealer..

why?

However it is about time that shipping costs and method were reviewed. A shipping cost increase based on increased purchase price is not an equitable way to do it with light flexible product lines. There are low cost pre-package freight options out of the states that are nowhere near as expensive.
    Last edited by Sidney; 06-10-2015 at 12:20 PM.
    kiwijames, Wanderer and Shaun@KUIU like this.

My idea dosnt go that far

Example

Phill
    Brads
    Kevin
    John

All order one jacket each and sepperatey pay $45 each for shipping the jacket over

My idea is that the 4 sepperate orders get shipped from kuru usa to kuru nz together for lets say $80 then kuru nz ships each jacket to Phill Brads Kevin and John

Brads getting a new jacket?

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Brads getting a new jacket?
    He'll sell in November for peanuts.....
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Certainly more stock here would appeal.

BTW for those that are unsure it is spelt Kuiu

Hamish

Sent from my E2353 using Tapatalk
    Toby, Gibo and Shaun@KUIU like this.
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by 199p View Post
    My idea dosnt go that far

Example

Phill
    Brads
    Kevin
    John

All order one jacket each and sepperatey pay $45 each for shipping the jacket over

My idea is that the 4 sepperate orders get shipped from kuru usa to kuru nz together for lets say $80 then kuru nz ships each jacket to Phill Brads Kevin and John

Thats fine but why is it someone else job to co-ordinate consumer orders. Do you think that there might be problems with that....? confirmations, payment, delivery expections, receipt and redirection, storage....all extra time and cost that has to be passed on.

The existing shipping costs will not be reduced by that much... where is the benefit?

Of course there is nothing to stop you from co-ordinating orders yourselves, to get those benefits... but if you expect someone to do that for you commercially you also have to pay for it...
    Wanderer and Shaun@KUIU like this.

With in a computer system it wouldnt take much at all and assuming he is allready being payed by kuiu it wouldnt cost much at all to put in place.
    Just need to add a shipping option at cheek out fot monthly bimonthy shipments.

It can be all labled by kuiu usa and then kuiu above just needs to stick a lable on it and its away.

Its fine coordinating orders if you know everyone else but this way people that dont know each other can save.

On a single order you wouldnt save much over several orders you would save a lot.

Hardest part would be with custums

It is what it is.

If you want it, pay for it. If it's not worth it to you, don't.

Needlessly complicating a transaction usually ends in tears.

The end
    Sidney, Nesika, mikee and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Proudkiwi View Post
    It is what it is.

If you want it, pay for it. If it's not worth it to you, don't.

Needlessly complicating a transaction usually ends in tears.

The end
    Brutal

B

Done any bulk orders for strangers before? Ultimately the cost will negate the benefit.

The answer with this model is to make shipping as reliable and inexpensive as possible. The answer is to make the customer/manufacturerer the primary relationship, not to introduce additional 3rd parties that reduce speed of delivery for an indeterminate and undefined cost benefit in shipping. I am not interested in placing an order when I don't know when it will be delivered and how much the the shipping cost will actually be up front. All you are doing is increasing uncertainty and consumers like uncertainty even less than sightly expensive shipping costs. If I want that I can deal with any existing Hunting shop that might place an order for me and it should turn up in a "couple of weeks" every week for the foreseeable future.

The current system is designed for simplicity for Kuiu... that don't even have to weigh the packages.... but with a developing business and increased levels of supply to markets like us, they have to look again at their shipping systems to maintain their competitive advantage. If they fail to do so, and start down the same road as Sitka, then you will see the same enhanced prices over the US retail prices, that we see when those products are hanging on racks and being supplied by 3rd parties... the cost of individual shipping isn't the issue...

Kuiu also has to improve its stocking levels and get a whole lot better at meeting order expectations. If they do that and improve the shipping options that would be the best outcome for consumers.

You can wait for the next shipment that will be happening "I'm not quite sure when" if you want to...
    Shaun@KUIU likes this.