Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Kuiu shipping prices

Also, if some of you are regularly buying stuff from the US, it would be great to hear what companies are providing the best shipping rates to NZ. I can look into the company and find out who the shipping company is. Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun@KUIU View Post
    Also, if some of you are regularly buying stuff from the US, it would be great to hear what companies are providing the best shipping rates to NZ. I can look into the company and find out who the shipping company is. Thanks in advance

DHL by a country mile

This is what works for me;

Purchase online in the US using my US postal address
    Free ground shipping within the US ( 7-10 days ) to me in Torrance CA
    Consolidate packages, do online customs declaration.
    Choose shipping method 3-5 or 6-10 working days, insured or not.
    .....(don't declare at $125 and in sure it for $1000 if you get my drift.)
    DHL to NZ.
    If it's pre cleared thru Customs it goes straight to NZ Post for delivery through their Courier Post network. They distribute for DHL.
    Job done

B
    Last edited by shift14; 07-10-2015 at 12:09 PM.
    Shaun@KUIU likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Philipo View Post
    That's an Ironic statement coming from the tightest man in NZ hahahaha

Yeah hope not, but probably knowing my luck

Yeah seeing all Shaneo's gear got me interested, proves the point that it's best to see stuff in the flesh.

Just get Sitka its in country and better imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    mikee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun@KUIU View Post
    I have found usps the best price wise so far.
    Generally get the items in 4 - 7 days aswell
    Shaun@KUIU likes this.
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

I've got their Guide Jacket and Attack pants. I have a Youshop account, and got them sent there. $22 NZD for shipping. Really like the jacket, testing the pants tomorrow!
    I bring in quite a bit of gear through youshop. I think the minimum charge is $17, and they tend to repackage items to make it cheaper.
    I had some Danner boots sent over, and the original quote was atronomical, but they repackaged and worked out cheaper.
    I recommend Youshop.

I would'nt buy in bulk, if the total goes over $400NZD you get stung with duties and GST.
    Shaun@KUIU likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by winga View Post
    I would'nt buy in bulk, if the total goes over $400NZD you get stung with duties and GST.
    Only if it's declared as such......

B

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    Not that any of you guys are probably interested but Jacket arrived today, Fit & finish is excellent & I didn't get stung with GST, very pleased with my purchase

Now to see how it performs
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Not that any of you guys are probably interested but Jacket arrived today, Fit & finish is excellent & I didn't get stung with GST, very pleased with my purchase

Now to see how it performs
    Good stuff. You will now be hooked and I bet you have already started to consider your next order.
    199p and Shaun@KUIU like this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

pics?
    #BallisticFists

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    Will try to post up some tomorrow.
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

[QUOTE=7mmsaum;402867]
    Right brought a Kuiu jacket off the guys at the Sika Show, to be honest they were a bit unsure about the shipping price anyway get an e-mail to confirm the order & Invoice details $45.95 US for shipping WTF is it coming over first class. Now I like to support local guys so don't buy off line or from overseas much ( most stuff I get is free shipping ) but $46 US for a small parcel like a jacket seems absolute bull shit or is this what it normally costs ?

You just purchased the highest quality gear available, the shipping cost I would accept as part of the purchase.
    That comment is not quite right in my eyes. Your purchase of the highest quality gear is reflected in the price of the product, not the price of the shipping. if you paid $100,000 for a BMW instead of $30,000 for a Toyota. Thats fine as you know you are buying highter quality and are prepared to pay a bit more. You would be upset if the BMW dealer then said "Sorry, the shipping from germany for your car makes it cost another $15,000!".....lol

I know of a number of people who ordered Kuiu gear at the Sika show and their orders turned up in Palmerston North last week, however I'm still waiting on mine. Just wondering if anybody else is still waiting for items which were in stock and shipped around 2 weeks ago. I followed the tracking system for a time, however it wasn't overly helpful once it left the US as it then stated the item could not be tracked in NZ. Interesting given my brothers item was tracked in Australia no problem. My order was below $400 so shouldn't have been caught up at customs.

Also remember if you are getting stuff redirected to/from a States address you will be paying sales tax on the gear as well when you order it.
    Shaun@KUIU likes this.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

LOC
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesika View Post
    I know of a number of people who ordered Kuiu gear at the Sika show and their orders turned up in Palmerston North last week, however I'm still waiting on mine. Just wondering if anybody else is still waiting for items which were in stock and shipped around 2 weeks ago. I followed the tracking system for a time, however it wasn't overly helpful once it left the US as it then stated the item could not be tracked in NZ. Interesting given my brothers item was tracked in Australia no problem. My order was below $400 so shouldn't have been caught up at customs.
    i had three parcels sent to hong kong and believe they have arrived within 6 days which was certainly efficient - might yours be held up with customs?

tracking with usps was hopeless once it left san francisco and still doesn't show the actual delivery
    Shaun@KUIU likes this.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by outdoorlad View Post
    Also remember if you are getting stuff redirected to/from a States address you will be paying sales tax on the gear as well when you order it.
    Only if it's shipped to a U.S. address that's in the same state as the purchase.
    Shaun@KUIU likes this.