Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Lite weight hunting boots

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    @Sarvo have a look on the UK hunting forum some love em but seems a lot don't.
    Harkila boots
    Cheers
    Bit like the Lowa Tibets then etc - some do some don't
    Just alot of money to spend and are you just paying for a name etc ???????
    I can do them for approx 20% below elsewhere - but I just do not want to hand on any crap - if you get my drift

Year see what your getting at. I've a pair of Solomon's can't remember exact name.
    Had them for over a year use them for working in. There solid but I think I might treat my self to a pair of Lowa or Meindal not sure which but. Anyone with how they are. Will be useing them for bush stalking and tramping? Cheers
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Was looking for something similar. Went with a Scarpa GTX mid. Pretty light, good soles, rubber toe cap that is fairly rigid and grippy. Fit more like a shoe but have support if you crank on them. Do a lot of wandering in the Kaimanawas and use these from the bush to the tops. Hate restrictive boots. These are quite streamlined.

https://www.amazon.com/Scarpa-ZEN-Hi...a+mens+gtx+mid

Got mine off of Amazon and scored first try on the size. Same as my last pair of Asolo. Rate these well above the Asolo.

I got some Under Armour Nowell Ridge for $210. They aren't your conventional boot but they are super light and actually water proof. Plus the tread on them is insane, would recommend having a look

Banned
    Hey. I see almost all here were in a similar situation. I'm not an exception. Mine is The Original MuckBoots Unisex Woody Max Boot. They're waterproof and good quality boots. I chose it thanks to this review https://under-the-open-sky.com/best-hunting-boots/. I saw both positive and negative sides of presented boots, so I was able to make a good choice.

Just thought I'd add to this thread as I read it while looking at a set of boots. I have now used and abused a set of La Sportiva TX5s for 3 months and maybe 20 days in the hills. They are damn light (1050grams a pair for size 38 or something) (id say around Lowa Z8s) but have a full Rand. They are mostly Leather with a bit of synthetic. They do run small so normally I'd wear a EU44 i have a set of EU46s. They are not super rigid but to be fair are pretty bloody good. If your not willing to step down to trail runners they are awesome and have heaps of ankle support. The also drain much quicker than full leather boots.

In comparison to my Haix K2s you can feel the weight of your feet and when going through rivers regularly they definitely drain much better. My K2s are still going strong but am saving them for Canada so decided to test these La Sportivas and make my K2s last but may bring these to Canada instead.

A picture and link:

Name:  LaSportiva_TX5_Gore-Tex_Boot_1200x.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  186.3 KB

https://www.lasportiva.com/en/footwe...?options=28752
    Nick-D and Sideshow like this.

'Salomon X Ultra Trek Gore-TEX
    I’m trying these out. There the next model down in the Salomon range.
    Name:  21A92B02-C64E-47AD-BA6B-5A7BABC8DE11.jpeg
Views: 456
Size:  4.60 MB
    Up and down the Kaimais on an overnight trip no worries feet good. Nice and quiet even with the ground covered in cornflakes
    I’ll let you know how I get on with ten days on Stewart Island. (Being this light at least if we the wife throws them at me they won’t hurt as much)
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

I tried a pair of those light trail running/walking boots last year for a farm bush edge hunt and would not do that again. Just too light. Great on the flat and rolling grass but on the steeper country with knee high grass and fern over those little sheep terraces they where crap. Not enough angle support when you come down on unexpected slopping ground under the fern.
    Lots of traction, so no issue with slipping. Had been using the shoe version for a while so though I would try the boot.