Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: MacPac Packs

Quote Originally Posted by crnkin View Post
    nothing?
    So why not recomend them?

Did you not get it fitted to you? or a size you need

Or is the that lack of extra zip off bits?
    Fishing ... Hunting its all good

-Yes got it "fitted"
    -Got home and the straps were still all loose, so all he had done is stand there and touch the straps while it was on my back until I said it felt ok. There were straps inside the pack that he had to actually move, never put his hands inside the pack, so never actually did anything. Only found this out myself after playing with the pack for like an hour wondering why it felt so fucked up.
    -I asked him expressly if it was going on sale the following monday when a new sale started, he said no way, I said are you sure, look it up and tell me. All good he said. $50 cheaper the next monday
    -Buckles loosen every 2-3 minutes while walking. Anymore than a full camel back and it cant handle it. Im being serious, its fucking useless.
    -They are both fucking uncomfortable. Probably because of the muppets that sold me them 'fitted' them and 'sized' them.
    -There is much, much better options available, in terms of value, design, longevity, and service.

I must stress that Macpac has the fucking worst customer service I have ever experienced in an industry where the average purchase must be over $500.

Did I mention my Macpac resolution that leaks like a sieve, both due to design and e-vent. And did I mention then entire Routeburn great walk crew experienced the same thing and complained to macpac and got told they were not using it in its intended purpose? They threw them out. $600 jackets, in the bin, they're fucking shit.

Did I mention that when I went to buy gaiters it took 30 minutes for the old whore on the computer to realise I was there to buy something and needed help, because the 3 guys were too busy following around the 13 year old chick looking at puffer jackets, even though she clearly didn't want all three of them to be there?

She was walking around doing fuck all at most 5 metres from me while im staring at her waiting for a 'Hi'. Not one single acknowledgement from anyone, in over 30 minutes, until I had the CC out.

She only acknowledged me after her facebook session when I put the gaitors on the counter. Never asked what size, who theyre for, nothing. I asked if they had any of the wire things. She said yeah over there. I asked her to size them for me, she said we don't have your size, youll have to come back. WITH OUT FUCKING LOOKING.

I fucking hate macpac. I would have spent 20k on hunting equipment in the past 12 months. Aint no fucking way im gonna spend it at one of these shit fucking stores again.

Chris
    SIKAHUNTER likes this.

Oh and this is all after Blacksheep gave us a 15% off sale price voucher a year or so back. I was so happy that I could get 15% off an already discounted price.

Got what I paid for. Not.

Chris

Sounds like you had a great time in store

You should have grabbed half a dozen items and chucked them on the counter.... then when they had it all set to pay say "That is what I was going to buy but due to your lack of service I am going elsewhere"

But I guess its only the plebs and they dont give a shit unless on preformance pay and I doubt that crew was...

I have had a great run with mine smaller one but my main pack isn't macpac.... Just what was in my local store
    Fishing ... Hunting its all good

Yeah I truly wanted to like them, being an NZ store and because of blacksheeps's generosity. Unfortunately it takes more than one person to steer a ship.

I tend to be very quiet until ive got someone/something figured out, I hate complaining, I try to vote with my $$$, but I guess you asked me the right questions!

Chris

Impure Lead Flinger
    Bullshit I can steer a ship with my feet while laying back in my leather recliner with my hands behind my head.........
    Raging Bull, leathel and crnkin like this.

haha dick

Ive had it in light fiordland drizzle and been soaking to the core. When it started raining I was farken irate.

All the problems ive heard are with the resolution, what do you have?

Chris

Chris you are probably just a sweaty bastard! The problems people have with breathable fabrics are that when they are working hard and when the DWR coating wets out NO breathable fabric is particularly breathable any more - working hard, sweating lots = you feel wet straight away and then get wet from sweat.

I have LIVED in goretex etc outside 8-18 hour days, 5 - 6 per week, getting back into the same still damp on the outside gear through London winters and never been anything other than a bit sweaty in the groin (motorbike courier) - if you are not working up a sweat and you stay totally TOTALLY dry (even if you feel a bit sticky).

And back on topic - twin needle (used to be macpac repair centre) will still make you that bomb proof macpac from the 90's. 20 year out of my Torre and still going strong!--- Twin Needle | Outdoor Equipment Repairs | Christchurch, New Zealand | Custom Sack Builder ---

they seem to be on holiday at the mo but worth a call

I am a sweaty bastard haha. But the resolution still leaks like a sieve within seconds of the rain coming when I'm standing still

Chris

Hmm maybe.

Ive seen probably 20 of them do the same thing. All probably right around the start of when they first came out. Aint risking it again.

Only problem is finding good stuff that isnt camo. Fuck I hate camo.

Chris

Haha, Chris, I love reading your posts paired with your avatar. So fitting.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Anyone got a glissade ??looking at one for the young fella ,,,had a wicked run out of my traverse
    DONT BE A FOOL INDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEFORE YOU PULL

Quote Originally Posted by crnkin View Post
    -Yes got it "fitted"
    -Got home and the straps were still all loose, so all he had done is stand there and touch the straps while it was on my back until I said it felt ok. There were straps inside the pack that he had to actually move, never put his hands inside the pack, so never actually did anything. Only found this out myself after playing with the pack for like an hour wondering why it felt so fucked up.
    -I asked him expressly if it was going on sale the following monday when a new sale started, he said no way, I said are you sure, look it up and tell me. All good he said. $50 cheaper the next monday
    -Buckles loosen every 2-3 minutes while walking. Anymore than a full camel back and it cant handle it. Im being serious, its fucking useless.
    -They are both fucking uncomfortable. Probably because of the muppets that sold me them 'fitted' them and 'sized' them.
    -There is much, much better options available, in terms of value, design, longevity, and service.

I must stress that Macpac has the fucking worst customer service I have ever experienced in an industry where the average purchase must be over $500.

Did I mention my Macpac resolution that leaks like a sieve, both due to design and e-vent. And did I mention then entire Routeburn great walk crew experienced the same thing and complained to macpac and got told they were not using it in its intended purpose? They threw them out. $600 jackets, in the bin, they're fucking shit.

Did I mention that when I went to buy gaiters it took 30 minutes for the old whore on the computer to realise I was there to buy something and needed help, because the 3 guys were too busy following around the 13 year old chick looking at puffer jackets, even though she clearly didn't want all three of them to be there?

She was walking around doing fuck all at most 5 metres from me while im staring at her waiting for a 'Hi'. Not one single acknowledgement from anyone, in over 30 minutes, until I had the CC out.

She only acknowledged me after her facebook session when I put the gaitors on the counter. Never asked what size, who theyre for, nothing. I asked if they had any of the wire things. She said yeah over there. I asked her to size them for me, she said we don't have your size, youll have to come back. WITH OUT FUCKING LOOKING.

I fucking hate macpac. I would have spent 20k on hunting equipment in the past 12 months. Aint no fucking way im gonna spend it at one of these shit fucking stores again.

Chris

Macpac has turned to turds since the ex owner of Kathmandu bought it. The older gear is great, not the the fashion shit they sell now.
    One Planet packs and sleeping bags are worth a look at now.