Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Pixie Z

Thread: Markhor Day Packs

Bos

Markhor Day Packs

The old Badlands daypack has finally said "NO" to any more loads after only 12 years!!! Literally falling to bits
    So just bought a Markhor 35 L replacement known as a Macho Mante.
    Any one else got one, and if so did I make the right choice??

i have had one for about 3-4 years, no problems as yet and i find it comfy to wear,
    i have added a couple of extra pouches for gear on the go, 1 on left hand shoulder strap
    for walkie talkie, and 1 on waist belt for game caller, compass, nibbles etc.
    hunty
    6.5x55AI

Bos
    Cheers mate, thanks for that.
    Always a bit of an unknown when you spend a reasonable amount but my old pack was about $300, and that was a bloody lot of venison loads ago. As long as this new one turns out to be value for money I'll be happy.

As above, great quality gear. I've got their Elk Mtn pack which is 45L. Absolutely love it. Had one a few years back but sold it when I moved overseas for a couple years. One of the first pieces of kit I bought when I got back to NZ was a new Elk Mtn pack. Again, not cheap packs, but they're solid as. Comfy too. Have used on trips up to 4-5 days, but it squishes down small enough for a day pack. Will probably buy their 75+L one at some point too.
    Bos likes this.

I have the Corsica model, its only 32 L but is now discontinued. Wire frame and pretty robust so far. Only complaint is the hip belt is too narrow but I put a Molle type belt through the same attachments points and its all good.
    EDIT... the rifle / bow attachment idea doesnt work for me, makes the pack very floppy.

I don't know how the rifle attachment is on the Corsica model, but I like the one on the Elk Mtn pack a lot. One of the things I like about the rifle sling on this pack compared to those on several other brands is that it's centred- taking the rifle in and out of the sling doesn't change the balance of the pack. I found with another brand of pack which had the rifle sling on one side that depending on how your gear is packed, taking the rifle in and out of the sling could make for a slightly unbalanced pack, and I had to readjust pack contents on occasion to get the balance right.